Perhaps the only thing that irks me more than the collective-shudder that occurs in Atlanta when snow is predicted is the amount of tweets I see that say “SNOW!” or “OMG It’s SNOWING in [insert nearby city name here]” as if the frozen water has never graced our environs. Lighten up people, it’s not that dramatic, not to mention that we’ve already had two snow events here this year so snow is not even that novel.
Another Night, Well Evening, In Roswell
I met up with the usual gang of Roswell Photographic Society attendees at the Moe’s on Roswell Road at Abernathy (aka “Believe it or not, where I lived for nearly two years when I first moved to Atlanta”) before taking the three mile trek up Roswell Road for the RPS meeting.
Last night was a “Speaker Night” where a local photographer comes in to talk about photography. The speaker last night was a Roswell portrait photographer; she was also a Canon shooter (I’m starting to get a bit of a complex as a Nikon shooter in this town). While the speaker was entertaining and informative, her speech went on forever. By the time she finished and turned the presentation over to her husband it was 8:50pm and we are supposed to vacate the space at 9:00pm. At promptly 9:00pm I decided that I had enough and knowing I had at least a 35-minute drive ahead of me I quietly exited the building and drove home.
Call Me Crazy, I Have Signed Up For Black Rock Again
For a while the Black Sheep Hash Black Rock Camp Out was a constant in my life. Last year’s decision to “change things up” combined with the heinous weather that occurred the weekend the Black Sheep Hash’s
Black Rock Tugaloo Camp Out led me to skip the event.
Well, I’m headed back.
The camp out is March 12th-14th in the northeastern corner up in the southern part of the Appalachian mountains. The weather could be cold and miserable! What the hell am I thinking!!!
Come on and play with me! For your $50 you’ll get some food, a lot of beer, and ridiculous stories that you can tell for a lifetime.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – lacking
Current Music – silence, but that’s going to change soon
Website Of The Day – If you have some well-kept gadgets you’d like to sell then Gazelle may be the place for you to do so. Sadly for me I wind up using my gadgets so much and for so long that no one would buy them.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – Stair Climbing, 12 floors
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t think to check; I’ll guess “too fat.”
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem