I’m writing this morning as I wait for the electrician (who is currently thirty minutes late and I’m beginning to fear that we didn’t have an “agreed upon” time after all) to arrive and install a new outlet in my basement and hopefully fix the broken light switch in the kitchen. Who knows, at the rate I’m writing maybe he’ll be done with all of his work by the time I’m done writing this blog entry.
It’s 9am. No electrician. House alarm just started going off a few blocks away and since it has yet to get turned off I can only assume another East Atlanta resident is a victim of home burglary. The urge to sell this house continues to rise…
A Big Night Of Laundry
I was done with my many loads of laundry, belly full of a Lee’s Bakery grilled pork Banh Mi sandwich, fairly early in the evening. That didn’t stop me from not getting a whole lot accomplished however. After putting the laundry away where it belonged (a task I force myself to do immediately otherwise I risk the possibility of having clean laundry piles for days) I went in to the den and did a little bit of work.
My big mistake was moving in to the bedroom with my laptop, which might as well be the checkered flag indicating the end of my operating day. There I attempted to read the manual for my PocketWizard remote flash trigger (Hey, want to make millions of dollars? Produce camera equipment! The three-foot long cable which connects the PocketWizard to my camera so that I can trigger the camera remotely sells for $70(!) at B&H Photo). About half-way through the manual I fell asleep — I only know this because I woke up around midnight and pieced together the last page that I remembered reading.
I’d like to say that I at least got a good night’s slumber, but truth be told I woke up and fell back to sleep many times.
ITP Flickr Pic
Because I buy mostly everything I buy online I am used to receiving brown boxes (many with the familiar Amazon logo on it).
The other day I received a t-shirt from Shirt.Woot! in this wonderfully humorous packaging.
I’m Playing It Up Tonight
I have a reservation tonight at Horizon Theatre to see “Shooting Star.” You may remember “Shooting Star” as the play for which I saw a sneak preview a few weeks ago. I’m looking forward to seeing the entire play now, and I’ve chosen to go on a Wednesday night to see what the composition of the crowd is at a non Fri/Sat play.
Happy Birthday Wishes
I’m not sure if my long-time friend Sandy is an ITP-Reader or not, but I’ll take a chance and wish her a very happy birthday anyway.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not bad, feeling a bit better physically
Current Music – Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Pavement –“Unseen Power Of The Picket Fences”
Website Of The Day – If not for the bazillion other things I have to read Give Me Something To Read would be a perfect place for me to find things to read.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check, I probably should again to scare myself into exercise
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (3)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem