I need a break…
Young Augustine, A Confusing Evening
Last night I met up with ITP-Reader Betsy for some dinner. We decided that we would try Young Augustine, formerly known as The Standard, a “gastro pub” in a part of town not known for having fancy establishments (the graffiti-ridden, boarded up building which formerly held Dottie’s/Lenny’s is right across the street.)
The menu at Young Augustine is far from the norm, which pleases me. I ordered pork belly sliders and a side of duck french fries (fried in duck fat, not fries made from duck). Betsy order a vindaloo, and we shared a small bowl of olives.
Upon entering the space you seat yourself. At some point last night someone came over to take our order, at which time we ordered drinks and the olives. A few minutes later a second person came and took our food order. And shortly thereafter a third person (Ashley, who I know from my olden days at Gravity Pub) brought our drinks and olives. After sitting there a while noshing on the olives the original order taker came to us with an apology. I assumed she was going to inform us that they ran out of the food necessary to make one of our dishes, but instead she apologized that the second order taker (the one who took our food order) had gone home without ever putting our food order in with the kitchen. Luckily for me I wasn’t very hungry so the delay in food delivery didn’t concern me that much.
The food was good, but nothing special. The beer selection at Young Augustine is good and as eclectic their food selection.
A Cleaning And Recycling Weekend
By and large I’m taking the weekend for myself. The weather in Atlanta tomorrow is supposed to be stunning, and I’m going to use this as the catapult to get me out to clean debris from my yard. As the weather warms up, I’m not considering building a firepit in my back yard — it will get cold again at some point, right?
This Saturday is also the third Saturday of the month, so there will be an Electronics Recycling Day at Grady High School. I have a small box of items that I will try to grow into a larger box of items that I’ll be dropping off tomorrow as well.
Sunday’s weather isn’t supposed to be as grand so I think that I’ll take that as an indicator that indoor cleaning and organization shall resume.
One of my two NCAA basketball brackets is in last place with little hope of resurrection. Damn upsets have killed two of the eight teams that I selected to make the Elite Eight.
With my Gators getting bounced by BYU in the first round what little interest I had in following the basketball tournament has gone.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – hmm, there’s a bulge around my center that’s got me down
Current Music – listening to “The Story” podcast from the other day
Website Of The Day – Keep Atlanta Beautiful. I only wish that graffiti removal was one of their tasks.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 203 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 20
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 19 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem