Last night was a fairly productive evening. I picked up my prepared tax forms (ugh, things are worse than I was led to believe) and from there headed to a new laundromat, which wound up being okay (though I kicked myself later when I failed to take a photo of the place — stay tuned). From there I had intended to get my cheap Chinese buffet feedbag on, but found out that the buffet at which I normally eat is now closed on Tuesdays — which is probably a good thing for my waistline. With a lack of creativity I went home and grilled up a wonderfully tasteful hamburger and later ate a sweet potato I cooked up while I was seasoning an old cast iron skillet which had lost its beautiful black luster.
I’ve Lost That Syncing Feeling
I have been becoming more reliant on Evernote recently. With free clients for the Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Windows it is one piece of note-taking software that runs on most platforms that I use and can sync up to each. I keep my shopping lists on Evernote. I store links to information I need to read on Evernote. I take screenshots/photos of information I want to keep handy on Evernote.
However, for the last few days Evernote has not been syncing properly and I’ve wound up with notes on some devices which are not appearing on others, and notes which I’ve edited but the changes aren’t getting propagated.
Even worse, I have no workaround for my problem and I’ve been unable to contact Evernote with the proper information in order to get some assistance.
At this point I don’t know what to do. On the one hand I want to put all of my trust in Evernote’s capabilities, but on the other I have an almost unresolvable situation which is leaving me in a lurch.
They’re Not From Manchester, Nor Are They An Orchestra
Tonight I’ll be hanging at Variety Playhouse for the first of what may be, but probably won’t be, the first of two Manchester Orchestra shows I see this week. I’ll be sporting a hipster black t-shirt and my skanky old Puma sneakers, so if you see me, please say “Hello” (or “‘Sup,” or “Hey,” or whatever).
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated, concerned
Current Music – silence as I write, getting ready to listen to “MacBreak Weekly” as I code
Website Of The Day – SquareSpace has been making a lot of waves in the blogging world recently. I’m contemplating starting new websites using their service.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – failed to check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 13
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem