Oh you’re probably thinking today’s title has everything to do with today being US Income Tax Payment Deadline Day. You’d be right in part.
Today I’m also suffering from I’m-Getting-Too-Old-To-Stay-Out-Until-Midnight-And-Get-Up-At-5:30am disease.
Is Manchester Orchestra Peaking?
Since I first lucked into seeing Manchester Orchestra perform at Smith’s Olde Bar a few years ago I’ve seen them perform about a half-dozen times. On each occasion there was always something which detracted from the show, whether it be the length of time they performed, or whatever. Last night I feared that “something” was going to be the recent departure of original drummer Jeremiah Edmond who departed to focus more on his personal life.
If I had to say anything negative about last night’s show it’s that lead singer Andy Hull’s voice may be starting to get thrashed. Hull mentioned having a sinus infection, so I hope for his sake that it was the root cause of what I heard.
The only other negative had little to do with the band. Hull was sporting an Oakland A’s baseball cap and some of the people near me shouted that he should be wearing a Braves cap, and later on started chanting the Tomahawk Chop chant (if you know not of what I speak consider yourself lucky).
Even with the new drummer the band was tight musically. Manchester Orchestra’s set was about an hour-and-a-half to two hours long (I failed to check when they started playing), covering much of the material from the band’s musical collection as well as a few interludes where Hull conversed with the crowd.
I had considered going back tonight for the second show, and my interest was piqued further when Hull said that they’d be playing a different set tonight, but I’m bushed and I don’t really need to spend the $20+ again.
ITP Flickr Pic
My annual correspondence with “The Man” (or since the State also collects they should be called “The Men”).
This year I also have the pleasure of sending Uncle Sam quarterly estimated tax payments.
Anyone else wishing we had Fair Tax?
Not So Awesome To See An Opossum
With the many neighborhood cats which frequent my yard I’ve grown accustom to slowing down and looking for them as I pull into my driveway. In doing so last night I saw an opossum scamper across my driveway.
In days gone by I might be amused to see a nocturnal creature such as this, but with the rodent infestation that my house has seen I’m a little less thrilled to imagine the possibility that this guy (or gal) might attempt to take up residence in my abode.
And what’s up with the neighborhood cats? Shouldn’t they be hunting and chasing these rodents? Isn’t that built into their genetic makeup? WTF!
A Follow Up From Yesterday
Evernote admitted to finding a bug in their Mac client and released a new version yesterday. I’m happy to report that the new release fixes my syncing problem, but I’m a little slower to put my trust into Evernote than I was earlier.
Tonight Is All About Home Time
Rest and catch up. That’s going to be tonight’s theme. Besides, I have another action-packed weekend planned — which I’ll discuss tomorrow…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bummed about some non-tax-related stuff, and tired
Current Music – silence as I write
Website Of The Day – I wish I had known about The Plastic Loose Fill Council before I tossed that large bag of packing peanuts a few weeks ago.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem