(This is no news flash, but) I’ve given up on dating, instead I’m looking for photographic inspiration. This weekend I’ll be attending a The Mindful Eye “Inspirational Weekend” workshop up in Nashville, Tennessee. I like going to Nashville and hope to make it a fun weekend — read all about it on Monday.
You may find it strange, but I’m also looking forward to the four-five hour drive as I’ll be able to listen to the rest of the audiobook “What Would Google Do?” I started listening to the other day.
My Progress Is Slowgress
I feel as if I’m moving at a snail’s pace these days. I have so many tasks to complete in a short amount of time, but each one is taking significantly longer than I had anticipated.
Today I’m hoping to order some business cards for the photography exhibit, and by next Monday I’m hoping to place an order for the prints that I want to sell.
Speaking of Monday, I also need to select a photo to submit for Monday’s Roswell Photographic Society critique; the category this month is the frustrating “Open” meaning that I can submit anything I desire as long as it was taken within the last twelve months.
ITP Flickr Pic
Last weekend I went to this strange place called a “grocery” store. Inside this establishment they sold all sorts of raw ingredients. Who knew?!? So, I thought that I’d take a shot at making a dish from some of these raw ingredients using my crockpot.
This was a beef stew I made the other day. The original photographic plan was to make a diptych using a shot of the ingredients in the crockpot waiting to be cooked and this cooked image. However, I hated all of my “before” shots, so I scrapped that idea.
Another Five Seconds Of Fame, Well Recognition At Least
I’ve corresponded with Coverville once in a while, and occasionally have suggested songs to be played on the podcast. The other night while listening to Coverville episode #664 I heard a familiar cover of Billy Idol’s “White Wedding” and thought “Huh, I forgot to request that, I guess someone else did.” Was I somewhat surprised to hear Brian say “that was suggested by Paulie in Atlanta, Georgia.” Ha! I completely forgot that I had sent Coverville an email asking them to play that song.
What’s Going On With You This Weekend?
Leave me a comment, I’d really like to know.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bummed that it looks like I’m driving in to rain in Nashville tonight (and I’ve yet to put the new wipers on the Jackmobile)
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – It’s Friday, give yourself a break and watch some fun cartoons at Starktoons.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – did not check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 11 (11)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 15
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem