Last week I had the Jackmobile’s oil changed. Yesterday I had new tires put on the Jackmobile. Tomorrow, the Jackmobile will be getting a brake job (and I’ll be driving my mountain bike to the mechanic’s shop and ride in to work from there). I have a growing wanderlust, which I won’t be able to satisfy for a little while.
I Went From Adventurous To Boring
Last night I met up with a bunch of Twitterers at a restaurant called Luqma in Decatur (near the intersection of Church and Scott). At one point in its life Luqma was a fast-food restaurant, either a Long John Silver’s or an A&W, I cannot recall which.
I planned on eating a dish called Mutton Korma, and I was going to share that with my friend Kim (@spikethecat) who was going to get the Mutton Biryani and share that with me. Unfortunately for the both of us mutton is only served on the weekends, so we were forced to change our orders. With no basis for making a new decision I settled on getting a dish called Chicken 65, which turned out to be no more than tandoori chicken nuggets. I guess I should have figure out from the photo on the wall. Dangen!
The meal was good, but nothing special. That area of Decatur houses many Indian restaurants, so I doubt that I’ll make Luqma my first choice the next time I head out for Indian.
The Apple Hater Legion Is Growing
But I’ll not be among them.
It seems that with Google’s launch of Android phones people have been jumping from the Apple iPhone bandwagon and complaining loudly about the way Apple treats developers and users. I still like my iPhone (though I’ll be getting the next version as soon as I can) and still love my iPad.
The other night I awoke at 2:00am and was wide awake. With my iPad nearby and a wireless internet connection I was able to launch the Netflix application and watched two episodes of thirty-five-year-old British television shows. The first show I watched was the second episode of Fawlty Towers, and the second show I watched was the series premier of The Good Life which was called “Good Neighbors” in the US.
I used to watch “Good Neighbors” every week back in the early 1980s. The show is about a man turning forty who decides to give up corporate life and he and his wife agree to become self-sustaining be starting a farm at their house. I was as intrigued by this notion yesterday as I was nearly thirty years ago.
I believe that I’ll be finding myself watching much more of these, along with a series called Solo which starred Felicity Kendal who played Barbara Good in “Good Neighbors.”
I must be getting old, I’m reaching into the wayback machine in order to relive my better days.
ITP Flickr Pic
I’ve Got Two Bags Of Laundry And A Hankering For Good Food
From the two large bags of dirty laundry which are in the Jackmobile you’d swear that I hadn’t done laundry in forever. Forever it may not be, but too long it is especially since I did some cycling since the last laundry day.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but a bit poorer
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “The Story” podcast; it’s helping drown out the annoying beeping that my cubicle neighbor’s computer is making.
Website Of The Day – The “AJC Reach” litters my driveway each week. I can completely understand why Stop AJC Reach was launched.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – ~41 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 25 (25)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem