I realize the human body is a complex machine. I just wish my would stop going fubar. This morning I woke with a sore throat and some swelling, even though I had no indication of ill health when I finally went to sleep last night. Hopefully it’s just a little speed hump that I’ll clear quickly.
(update #1: and now I’m sneezing….. DANGEN!)
The Good Life Is Over
Last night I received the disc containing the only episode of The Good Life which was not available for streaming from Netflix. I watched what was the final episode of the series which aired on the BBC from 1975-1978 and mailed the disc back to Netflix this morning. I really enjoyed going back and watching that series from my youth (note: I watched it during its PBS run some time in the early 1980s). I only wish that this was the only “good life” to leave me this morning.
ITP Flickr Pic
The well has run dry and I have nothing in the hopper to present. I’m not happy about this either.
44 Going On 45. BFD.
Have you heard about the hubbub that’s going on between Lance Armstrong and Outside magazine? Lance is pictured on the cover of this month’s issue. However, instead of the plain dark blue t-shirt that he wore for the shoot, the shirt has been Photoshopped to read “38. BFD.” and Lance is less than pleased about this.
Read the whole story here.
I’m (Supposedly) Taking A Cooking Class Tonight
A camp cooking class.
For years I’ve been receiving emails from REI outlining classes they hold at their retail stores. Most of the time I peruse their offerings with minor interest. “Should I take that bicycle maintenance class?” “Hmmm, preparing for a long-distance bike ride looks interesting.” is what I usually mutter under my breath.
Recently I saw an offering relating to camp cooking being held at 6:30pm in the REI near my office. Well, I like to cook and I like to camp, so it seems like a natural combination for me. So, there is no riding for me today, even if I were healthy enough to do so.
RealiTV Update: Top Chef — No More Dreading This Season
Last night Top Chef: DC (also known as Season #7) started. Another slew of chefs, this time only one hailing from Atlanta, trying to attain the status of “Top Chef.”
It’s too early in the season to pick out faves and unfaves, and don’t get too attached from dreadlocks-John from Detroit as he was asked to pack up his knives and get the hell out of DC after trying to present a maple dessert using store-bought puff pastry. Don’t these people ever learn?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – confused, frustrated
Current Music – I have “The Epic Cycle” on the tv in the background
Website Of The Day – This morning I’m eating a delicious package of Asian pear slices which have been freeze-dried into crisps and sold by Brothers All Natural. I bet you these crisps would be an excellent addition to a bowl of Kashi cereal.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 5.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 89.5 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 17 (17)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 2
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem