Beaver, Bunny, Barbed Wire, Oh My!
It was a warm night, not as bad as it could’ve been. I wandered around the Perimeter Mall area laying trail last night and along the way I saw fish and a beaver in a clear-running creek and a bunny rabbit in an open field. The one thing I didn’t see, but unfortunately one hasher found, was some barbed wire.
The trail I laid was about 60% of the Pinelake Hash I laid back in January. Oddly though things were very different. The Spring rains combined with the recent heat has enabled the kudzu, poison ivy, and blackberry bushes to grow with reckless abandon (though the blackberries look as if they could use more water) making it nearly impossible for me to find the trail that I laid earlier this year.
There were roughly twenty people in attendance last night. Most of those who ran the trail seemed pleased with my trail. I ended the trail at The Derby, mostly because it is walking distance to where I started, and luckily we were able to secure the outdoor patio to ourselves and avoided the annoyingly cloying smoke inside The Derby.
ITP Flickr Pic
I have nothing today. Further I proved to myself that I’ll never be a photojournalist. This morning as I drove the street which leads to my office I saw a billow of black smoke. Apparently a car had caught on fire, and even though I had my camera in my car I decided I’d rather head in to work instead of going to take photos of the car fire.
Take Me Out To A Ball Game
While talking to a coworker this morning about baseball I came to the realization that it’s nearly the end of June and I’ve yet to go to any baseball game this year. Anyone up for a Atlanta Braves game? Gwinnett Braves game? Let’s do it!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – concerned
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “The Story With Dick Gordon” podcast
Website Of The Day – Because I seem unable to take photos I’ll send you to a site that has a bunch of funny photos. Check out My Food Looks Funny.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, 4 miles
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 14.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 173.4 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3* (24)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 28
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 4
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem