And I declare the past six months to be a personal FAIL, with the exception that I’ve started riding again.
Disappointment Is My Co-Pilot
All the cards fell in to place yesterday, the time, the location, the desire, until the phone call canceling my appointment destroyed the beautiful house of cards I had constructed.
I realized something strange about my life yesterday, other than how often I am disappointed when I get my hopes up and they are dashed. I realized that when presented with ninety minutes of newly-found free time in 90+º F heat that I have nothing to do that doesn’t involve eating or drinking. I was in Midtown last evening with ninety minutes to kill prior to heading over to Andrea to meet up with my weekly Hell’s Kitchen watchers. For me ninety minutes was not enough time to drive home and relax because I knew that my house would be unpleasantly warm. If the outdoor temperatures were more humane (I was dressed in jeans and sweat at the mere thought of sitting outside these days) I could have taken a personal photostroll, or even read on my iPad. With those options removed all that remained for me involved going to a bar or a restaurant, neither of which I wanted to do because I knew that I’d be getting plenty of food and alcohol during the two episodes of Hell’s Kitchen. So, I became an environment killer by driving my car around for an hour before stopping in to San Francisco Coffee where, for some reason, I ordered a hot coffee and sat in a building whose air condition struggled to overcome Atlanta’s heat wave.
Hulu Plus Offers Web Television For $10/Month Plus Ads? No Thank You
Everyone seems happy to hear that Hulu is going to offer a subscription service that allows you to watch all episodes (of a current season) for some content, and all episodes of ancient television for “only” $10 a month. Oh, and their will be non-skippable commercials of course — BECAUSE THE TELEVISION INDUSTRY IS GREEDY!
“But what about cable/satellite? We pay for those and are forced to watch commercials.” Yes, but in that case you are paying for the delivery of the content and not necessarily for the content. In Hulu’s case you are paying for the delivery of the content via your broadband provider, and Hulu wants to charge you $10 a month and force you to watch their revenue-producing commercials. I’ll pass.
You May See A Familiar Face At George’s Tonight
I’m thinking of stopping in to George’s for a beer and a burger. No exercise, thank you.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – Depressed. I have physical issues which will most likely require professional help.
Current Music – Silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Support new, free web entertainment. Watch programming from Revision3.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – did not check, no need to slink further into depression
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 14.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 173.4 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4* (24)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 29
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 4
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem