With age comes wisdom, right? Where’s mine? If I had been blessed with wisdom I wouldn’t feel as groggy as I do right now.
No Plans To Eat At Home, Why Did I Buy So Much Bread?
Because of my scheduling I know that I won’t be making any food at the house so I can’t figure out why I purchased two loaves of bread at the East Atlanta Farmers Market last night.
I love the concept of the mini farmers market at which I can get bread, cheese, and vegetables. In fact, I dream of a life in which I live close enough to work and a market so that I could purchase produce and make delicious dinners at home.
Another reason for my desire to make it out to the farmers market last night was to consume another popsicle from the King of Pops. Last night I ate a blueberry/watermelon popsicle which was rather delicious. The popsicles sold by King of Pops are subtly flavored and quite refreshing. I implore you to try one if you happen to find yourself in the vicinity of the King of Pops pushcart.
One Night Only — SOLD OUT
WTH. I met up with some friends last night to partake in the Taste of East Atlanta. We started with a prelube at Holy Taco where I had three Fat Tires (kids, this is not the way to start a long evening) before I requested that we wander and sample some food.
At the Taste of East Atlanta you were to buy tickets which you would exchange for food/drink samples from the participating restaurants/bars in East Atlanta Village. Oddly, the main ticket tent had been shut down with a sign which read SOLD OUT. We crossed the street to another venue which was selling tickets and were informed that they had to stop selling tickets because restaurants were running out of samples; this was about ninety minutes before the event was supposed to end!
With no chance of sampling I commanded us to head to Midway Pub where I finally ate some food (delicious veggie corn dogs) and had some more beer.
The evening ended back at Holy Taco with more beverages.
Is it any wonder why the blog is late today?
Thanks to Betsy, Terri, and Leigh Ann for helping my birthday be a lot of fun.
ITP Flickr Pic
None today. Hell, I’m somewhat surprised I’m able to produce text this morning. I had planned on taking a photo of each food sample I consumed, but since I never got any I didn’t take any photos. Had I taken a photo of each beer I consumed I’d be uploading photos all day.
A Lot Of Live Music And Photography On My Agenda
Tomorrow morning I’ll be participating in the third annual World Wide Photowalk organized by Scott Kelby. I’ve chosen to join the group up in Roswell since I’ve never shot up in that area before.
Sandwiching my photowalk will be live music. Tonight I’ll be joining my friend Kevin at Variety Playhouse for the Grace Potter and the Nocturnal show. Tomorrow night I’ll be making a return to Eddie’s Attic for the Chatham County Line show.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – worn out, groggy
Current Music – listening to today’s Tour de France stage
Website Of The Day – Food In Jars is a really interesting blog about canning/jarring food.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~12 miles, Wheel Mileage – 165.0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4.5 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 22
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 1
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem