With the exception of (perhaps) attending this Sunday’s Black Sheep Hash I’m going to confine myself to doing chores within the house. If the predicted rain arrives this should convince me to do so. I’ve been galavanting around a lot the past few weekends, so I need to do this in order to clean up the messes I’ve created.
Look Ma, No Flats!
My ride home went off without a hitch last night. I repeated my route which took me down Clairmont to the I-85 access road, to Briarcliff, to East Atlanta, and then added enough mileage to bring my day’s total at thirty-five miles. The ride was a hot one, but by ride’s end I was proud of my efforts.
Because I waited around at the office before heading out on my ride it was about 9pm by the time I cleaned up and put everything away and all I felt like doing was chill with a movie. So, I fired up the Netflix app (I’m still smarting because I failed to buy NFLX when it was below $50 a share) and decided for some reason that I was going to watch Julie And Julia. While I thought the movie was okay, I don’t think that it was as good as I heard that it was.
ITP Flickr Pic
I’m giving you another break from rafting photos…
This is a “macro” shot of one of the Jackmobile’s rims (which I’ve obviously converted to a blueish color) that I took while we were traveling up to the Nantahala last weekend.
Radio? Yeah, I’ve Heard Of It
I downloaded a Mac application called Radioshift with the hopes of recording the Friday afternoon hardcore show called “I Don’t Care” on 88.5 (WRAS). Radioshift provides the capability of listening to radio stations over the internet as well as schedule recordings for programming on the stations.
Sadly none of the 107 stations found when I searched for “Atlanta” using RadioShift’s search were WRAS. Looks like I’m SOL.
Every once in a while I stumble across things that don’t warrant much explanation.
- Man buys bike once owned by Floyd Landis at a yard sale for $5
- Ten weight loss tips from pro cyclists
- Twain’s in Decatur is today’s Scoutmob deal.
- Look at me! I’m up over one hundred miles for August already. Sadly it looks as if we are going to get a long spell of rain though.
- I’m starting to miss listening to music. I think that I’m going to start killing some of my podcast subscriptions in order to make time for music again.
- I’m hoping to collect at least three box loads of stuff to donate to Goodwill on Monday
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not bad
Current Music – listening to the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club live performance podcast from KCRW
Website Of The Day – I’m looking into insuring some of my electronics through SquareTrade. If I do, I’ll let you know what I think of their service.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – cycling, 35 miles
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 102.2 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (6)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 11
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 3
– Not to get sick for the entire month (I did it once, I can do it again!)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem