Everything I purchased from Publix this morning cost $2.50 each.
- 1/2 gallon of Silk Almond Milk (vanilla), $2.50
- box of Kashi cereal, $2.50
- pint of blueberries, $2.50
It makes for easy math. And fwiw, it appears as if we’ve reached the end of blackberry season as a medium box of those was now priced at $5.99, hardly $2.50-friendly.
I Must Look Hungry In Las Tortas Locas
No matter how hard I try, the people at Las Tortas Locas always want to give me three tacos. Before I continue, you should know that I attempt to order in Spanish, which may cause some of the confusion.
For a while I tried ordering in this fashion: “I’d like two tacos, please… one pastor, and one carnitas.” I came to the conclusion that the cashier girls were hearing “I’d like two pastor tacos and one carnitas taco.” thus totaling three tacos.
Last night I tried this approach: “I’d like a pastor taco and a carnitas taco.” and still the cashier girl initially rang up two pastor tacos! I had to revert to English and hand gestures in order to correct the matter before the order was place, after which I was “The Gringo.” Ugh.
Regardless of the confusion, my two tacos were delicious and I was pleased with my dinner.
You Can’t Be Serious
This morning I was driving along Flat Shoals and I noticed flour (“The keen-eyed hasher is able to notice blobs of flour in an instant.”). Not being a “Tuesday” hasher I decided to check out the Atlanta Hash website to see which hash traipsed through the neighborhood last night (I already knew that Monday’s Moonlight Hash was held in Smyrna). Some, now many, years ago people started creating extra Tuesday and Thursday hashes because the concept of drinking by itself seemed too mundane.
Last night was the third Tuesday of the month, which as I found out this morning, meant it was a “Tuesday With A Theme” hash.
Meet C_NT’s sister hash! TWAT is a fun walking hash of decorated and costumed hashers! No shiggy on these trails, we want to be seen! TWAT hashes every THIRD Tuesday of the month, year round. TWAT is an A to A hash, starting at a bar or restaurant. No bag car will be provided as all cars will be at the end. Every TWAT hash has a theme, which hashers are encouraged to dress up and bring accessories for. Hashes are ONE mile with one beer stop. Hash cash is $4, to include GIMMES of that hash’s theme, as well as hash beer! Landmark attendances (10, 25, 50, etc) will be awarded with personalized gimmes!
Huh? Are you kidding me? A one mile hash — with a beer stop? What is the point? Just go to a bar and drink people, it’s that fucking easy!
ITP Flickr Pic
While in the lavanderia (laundromat) last night I noticed the attendant working on the store’s signage. As I found out, this particular laundromat is shortening its hours by closing at 10pm instead of 11pm.
As I was drying my clothes I noticed that all of the laundry bags the sell have the laundromat’s hours of operation printed on them. Make that the now incorrect hours of operation printed on them. I’m sure that I’m one of the few people who will notice.
Preparing For A Name Change?
It seems to me that Wachovia is setting up for a rebranding/name-change to Wells Fargo, the bank which purchased Wachovia a few years back. Lately I’ve noticed that many Wachovia branches have what appears to be Wachovia banners covering yellow permanent signage. Anyone know if I am correct? I’m sure that I’m not breaking any news, I’m just curious.
Take Me Out To The Ballgame, Please
As I was driving home from the laundromat last evening I was stunned how clear the sky was and that there was virtually no threat of rain. It seems as if it’s been some time since this combination has occurred in Atlanta. Well, I’d like it again tonight please as I am scheduled to attend the Braves (Boo! Hiss!) game thanks to the generosity of ITP-Reader Debbie (Yay!). Mind you it’s not so much that I care whether or not the game is played, I just don’t want the rain to water-down my beer.
Happy Happy Birthday
Today is the annual celebration of birth of one ITP-Reader Stacy (aka “Cheese Nips”). I hope that you have a happy birthday, young’in.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – silence as I scurry about
Website Of The Day – Big Trip planning continues… Looking at America’s State Parks.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 102.2 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 3
– Not to get sick for the entire month (I did it once, I can do it again!)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem