I’m going to be honest. I’ve been so bummed by the way this trip has turned out that I briefly considered killing the blog. But then I remembered how much of a self-centered attention whore that I am and started typing.
Step One, Get Out Of Boulder
Because I work for a company based in Denver, Colorado I’ll be able to to work today and tomorrow (as you read this). In order to get closer to the office I rented a car (more money spent) from Hertz which for a while I wasn’t sure would be open on Labor Day), packed up all of my crap, and bugged out of the InviHash early. In Denver (or more accurately one of Denver’s southern suburbs) I purchased some clothes and shoes for work (because I’ve not been spending enough money on this trip), and then settled down for a night of relaxation before tackling another day.
When the Jackmobile is healed I’ll pack up all of my crap and return to Boulder for the briefest of time possible and head on my way home driving as fast and long as I’m capable of doing.
I Had A Horrible Thought
Yesterday the Boulder area had wild fires in the mountains. What if this somehow delays the repair of the Jackmobile? As is stands right now I’m not going to be able to get out of Colorado until Thursday.
ITP Flickr Pic
On the last day that my vacation was fun…
This was taken with my iPhone while traveling (alone at this point) in Wyoming, or perhaps southern South Dakota. I can only imagine, and only hope that I’ll only ever have to imaging, breaking down in the middle of nowhere.
$2 Well Spent
I’ve been spending so much money, why not spend another $2 so I could watch Sunday’s episode of Mad Men?
I originally hoped that I could stream the episode using my Dish Network 922 DVR at my desk in Atlanta, but alas something seemed to be set up incorrectly so I couldn’t.
Sunday’s episode was outstanding!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – uncertain
Current Music – listening to a
Website Of The Day – Next time I consider taking a long car trip I’ll reconsider and look in to doing a Beer Trip instead.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my rental car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – couldn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 6
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lost five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem