September 1: I was sick.
September 3: The Jackmobile’s transmission died.
September 5: I cut myself over my right eye while trying to pick up a bar of soap in a hotel shower.
September 7: The rental car I’m renting mysteriously obtains a large scratch while parked in a hotel parking lot. The only reason I’m renting a car and it was in this parking lot was to make up for the fact that the Jackmobile’s transmission problem.
Wtf is going to happen on September 9th, the day I’m supposed to drive back to Boulder, get the Jackmobile back and launch my return drive home to Atlanta?
According to American Express their rental car agreement will pay up to my insurance deductible, then it’s up to me to determine if I want to file a claim against my auto insurance policy or pay the balance out of pocket.
Spiritually I am spent. Financially I am much worse off than I was before embarking on this trip. Every time I’ve tried to do “the right thing” the past few days I’ve been shat upon. I’m not sure how much more I can take.
This May Be The Last Post Of The Week
I’m not sure if I’ll have time to post tomorrow or Friday as, if things return to “normal” I’ll be driving many, many, hours. This will not make for great blogging and I’m sure all I’ll want to do when not driving is sleep.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – hating my life
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Honda Problems.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my now scratched rental car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – don’t give a damn today even if I could check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lost five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem