If you are a Follower of InsidePerimeter on Twitter or one of my friends on Facebook then you’ve probably seen my latest update “<--- Focusing" and wondering what it's all about. Well, I've decided the time has come to once again attempt to focus on the things which are important to me -- work, weight loss, and photography (I couldn't come up with a synonym which started with a 'w') -- because I feel as if I am completely scattered and am doing nothing well any longer.
Clemson Trip Complete
I’m thrilled to report that the Jackmobile made it to Clemson and back without incident. Mechanically he did incredibly well, and I had the same confident feeling that I had along my trip prior to the breakdown in Boulder.
The trip was not without incident however. It’s funny how recent events can taint your outlook on life. While sitting in the hotel lobby on Wednesday night a young Asain woman came out to the lobby and spoke (in her best broken English) to the kid at the front desk in the hotel. She was trying to get him to allow her to make a phone call on the front desk phone. The guy repeatedly explained to her that the phone in her room would make calls if she dialed ‘9’ first. To which she got frustrated and said that she needed to make an out of state call, and that the number was blocked from her room. He refused to let her use the front desk phone. She then proceeded to walk to where I was sitting and asked me if she could borrow my mobile phone to make a phone call. Having witnessed the scene at the front desk, not knowing her from Eve, and not knowing to where she was going to place a call, I politely declined and she seemed frustrated. At that time I started to wonder if I was going to have a car keying for which I’d at least understand why.
ITP Flickr Pic
I think I actually said “What the fuck” when Jill2 (my Garmin GPS) directed me to get off of I-85 at Exit #2 in South Carolina in order get to Clemson. I’ve been to Clemson a handful of times now and have never gotten off at this exit (mostly because I have no need for fireworks).
I did what she said, and wouldn’t you know, my compliance was rewarded.
I probably could have gotten a better shot of this hearth. I had my Nikon 17-55mm lens on the camera and where I parked was a bit of a hike to get here (not knowing that there was a dirt road right next to this tree) and I didn’t want to go back to the car to get a longer lens.
A Busy, Busy, Weekend Ahead
I will be riding somewhere tomorrow. There is rumor that I will be banditing the sixty-mile course of this year’s Beautiful Backroads Century (self-supporting since I won’t be paying of course). However, there is a rumor that I’ll skip the long drive up I-75 and ride the Red Rocket from the house (where I will go, nobody knows).
Tomorrow is also East Atlanta Strut day. Though I’ve missed this event in some recent years, I plan to make it back out again this year and have a great time within walking distance of the Inside The Perimeter Estate.
Speaking of the Estate….. I plan to start doing some work (yard, cleaning) around the house on Sunday. Yes, you read that right. Of course there will be football on the television, so I also plan to be indoors during football time so I can drink beer while I listen to the games on the tv while I work.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – attempting to be positive
Current Music – silence for focusing
Website Of The Day – I love this event so much I’m pimping it again — East Atlanta Strut.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem