Ack, I have soooooo much to do before this weekend, and a relatively stressful weekend ahead as well. I could really use a few days alone at home, catching up on the millions of things I need to do. It’d also be helpful if I weren’t hobbling around on a gimpy toe when doing so.
How Many Times Will Paulie Have To Change A Light Bulb?
Notice the subtle difference from the similar question I posed the other day.
I jumped into the Jackmobile last night after eating yet another disappointing dinner out and it happened again — the “Brake Lamp” idiot light came on. FML! I drove home with the brake light out, rammed a tree stump onto the brake pedal and confirmed that the same light I replaced the other day had gone out. I wound up replacing the “new” light bulb with another of the light bulbs I conveniently had in my trunk. Let’s see how long this bulb lasts.
It’s amazing to me how I’ve gone from loving the Jackmobile to seriously considering getting a new car in a matter of three weeks. If not for the desire to avoid monthly auto payments again (because that sort of money is earmarked for house repairs) I’d be jumping at the thought of getting a new car immediately.
ITP Flickr Pic
This was as close as I could get to the Crazy Horse monument.
Sadly I doubt that I will live long enough to see this monument completed. This is as far as the father (now passed) and son team have gotten in over thirty years.
Well, hobble. I’m due in an interview and need to start migrating in that direction. Talk amongst yourselves…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, waiting for the toe to return to normalcy
Current Music – listening to last weekend’s “Car Talk” podcast
Website Of The Day – Today I let Stumble Upon find Outdoor Photos for me.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – don’t want to know
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem