If you had told me two weeks ago that the seemingly forgettable “bite” on my toe would be causing me pain and suffering almost two weeks later I would have scoffed at the idea. But it is. And because of my toe I will be missing out on the funner parts of the Lake Hartwell experience — hashing, bike riding, and consumption of mass quantities of beer — because none of these will help me heal. In fact, were it not for the $50 worth of food I have packed into coolers so that I can help cook for the masses tomorrow night I’d probably have bagged the idea of going up to Hartwell this year. This sucks.
RealiTV Update: Hell’s Kitchen Is Back Already?
I doubt that Gordon Ramsay is spending much time in kitchens cooking these days, he’s too busy making television shows. I was informed that another season of Hell’s Kitchen started on Wednesday night. Given that the last (and rather forgettable) Hell’s Kitchen wrapped in late July and that Fox followed that up with an even more forgettable Ramsay vehicle called Master Chef which wrapped in early September, I was rather surprised to see a new Hell’s Kitchen pop up so soon.
Another season, another round of annoying cooks. This season may also include the most clueless cook, a 50 year-old man named Raj, as well as the most stunningly beautiful cook, a 22 year-old woman name Sabrina — who inexplicably wears nerd glasses and a pink calculator watch, and has already worn out every last nerve in my body. But I’m hooked again.
In case you didn’t know, Fox has the show available online (with commercial interruptions of course) if you are thinking of catching up.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – seriously bummed that my toe has yet to heal
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – It’s as if Geek Sugar has been reading my blog by posting this blog entry identifying five sites which help you de-stress..
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – don’t care
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem