And my toe has yet to return its normal size and is still a bit painful. Looks like I’ll be scheduling a doctor re-visit today for the end of the week. Dangen!
If A Trivia Team Falls In A Forest Does It Make A Sound?
Traffic was unusually light again last night so I had time to roam around Collier before heading into Billy Jack’s BBQ & Shrimp Co prior to the start of trivia. I wandered through Publix before heading over to the package store which sits across from Publix. As I strolled the package store I recalled that the last time I was in there must have been eight or nine years ago as I bought beer for a party that Little Sister was having. That was also the night I accidentally left my driver’s license at a gym (see, I told you it was a long time ago). If you find yourself in need of beer and in that vicinity I suggest shopping at that package store; their beer selection was really good.
Upon entering BJBBQ&SC it was not hard to find our trivia team as we were only one of two tables occupied. I expected that things would pick up as it got closer to trivia time, but it never did. We wound up being the only table of paying customers to play team trivia; our opponents were the kitchen staff. Naturally we won (mostly because Allan is a fountain of trivial knowledge), but we’re not sure if we won anything as I don’t believe any prizes were handed out.
The food at BJBBQ&SC was good, but not great. I ate a plate consisting of a half rack of pork ribs, a cup of Brunswick stew, and a small mound of baked potato salad. The ribs were tasty, though arrived slathered in bbq sauce, something I’d rather control. The Brunswick stew was tasty, but I’ve had better. The potato salad was lacking; I probably should have added some salt to it in an attempt to salvage it. BJBBQ&SC had three desserts on the menu, though when I went and asked which of the banana pudding or the banana pie were better I was informed that they had neither last night because the bananas which were delivered were not ripe.
ITP Flickr Pic
When the Big Storm rolled into Atlanta on Monday afternoon I raised my office blinds to watch the mayhem. Still up on Tuesday morning I decided to take a photo of my office view.
It’s an iPhone shot so I didn’t have much control over the shot (although I should learn to use the many camera applications that I’ve loaded on the phone to see what cool things I can accomplish).
If You Like The REI
Yesterday on my walk back from eating lunch I stopped at REI because my coworker Duke wanted to use the gift cards he’d earned by riding his bike to work. I had no intention of buying this windbreaking cycling jacket, but there was one on my size on the Clearance rack, that’s right the Clearance rack, so I bought it for $50. Apparently this jacket is “last year’s model” and that’s how it landed on the Clearance rack.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bummed about my toe, not to mention my weight
Current Music – listening to Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Channel 26, playing — Delorian “Real Love”
Website Of The Day – Got wood? Got 8-bit Wood?
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 28
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem