I should not have been surprised to receive some bad news via telephone yesterday. (Sorry, I won’t provide details on this matter here) After all, we are still in September 2010. If I still used a paper calendar I’d take the sheet for this month, pass it through a shredder, and then set the shredded pieces on fire.
Life Is A Series Of Choices
Last night I decided to join some coworkers for an after-work beverage at Taco Mac. I had laundry to do last night, and this being my last available night to do so, I was sticking to my guns that it would get done. One beer turned in to two beers. Then, the unthinkable happened. Upon my inquiry about the fancy Warsteiner glass boot steins displayed on the bar we were told that they were $25 and came filled with a liter of Warsteiner — and then everyone but me ordered one! With my cohorts now consuming a liter of beer each I decided to stick around and see how this turned out.
I left Taco Mac around 9pm, tired, and not in the mood to go to a laundromat. So today I will do my laundry…
Hey, Mashlanta Is Tonight
I have a $30 ticket for tonight’s Mashlanta networking party. I was really looking forward to going to this, but because I chose to play trivia on Tuesday night, and I chose to sit a Taco Mac last night, and I won’t have the time to do it tomorrow night, and my flight is at 8:30am on Saturday morning, I will have to skip the party. I have no one but myself to blame however.
If you are attending the Mashlanta party please let me know how it was by leaving a comment tomorrow.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, though my toe is starting to look better but I’m still going to schedule a return to the doctor for an assessment and perhaps more pills
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – I already know the answer when referring to myself, but Is It Normal? can help you determine if life situations are normal. (not really, but it sounds good)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t weigh in
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~15 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 29
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 250 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem