Even though I’ll be starting October with a doctor’s visit to check on my toe and see about getting new meds, I’ve decided that I should charge that back to September since that is the month in which the tragedy occurred.
Fittingly, I also had to purchase a new car battery last night. I drove the Jackmobile to an Auto Zone near where I was going to do laundry, and as expected the battery didn’t pass the test. According to the guy the alternator passed, so I’m now keeping my fingers crossed that it was just the battery and that there won’t have to be a starter motor replacement any time soon.
As I mentioned yesterday, I was supposed to be attending Mashlanta — a networking party — last night but instead I needed to do laundry. I took the opportunity to choose the laundromat next to Las Tortas Locas where I consumed a delicious torta filled with pork.
I was rather disappointed while folding clothes, shirts specifically, as I noticed that my wimpy American laundry detergent was no match against the oily Asian sauces that I constantly get on my shirt while eating lunches. Yes, I’m a bit clumsy when I eat, especially when I eat with chopsticks. The shirt which came out looking the worst however was one my favorite red t-shirts which I believe I was wearing while preparing the andouille grit cakes last week. So the next time you see me take a good look at my shirt, who knows, you may be able to find and interesting spot constellation much like looking into a night sky.
ITP Flickr Pic
I have nothing “new” to post today, so I’ll dig back into the good month of August for today’s photo.
This was a squirrel out collecting material for her (his?) nest in Mt Moriah Cemetery in Deadwood, SD.
My Art Will Be There, I Won’t Be
October is also Atlanta Celebrates Photography month. Tonight is also a Castleberry Art Stroll night in conjunction with some event called FLUX.
As part of Atlanta Photo Exhibit’s “Southern Fried Photographers” exhibit I have a piece hanging for sale. However, I have to be honest that I was (once again) completely unprepared for this show and am hanging a piece that I know will not sell, nor do I have a photograph bin in the sales area. This is the second time that I’ve been unprepared for the Fall show and I’m starting to wonder why this is.
I have alternate plans tonight, so I won’t be able to be at the show this evening. However, the show is on again next Friday night and I will be down there then to see how things are doing.
I’m Off Again!
Early tomorrow morning I’ll be in the air headed to Raleigh, NC. I’ll be spending the weekend with ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy before working the career fair at NC State next week. I’m going to attempt something a little different on this trip. Rather than lugging my fancy-pants DSLR and laptop to Raleigh I’m going to go with the iPad and iPhone (well, I’ll bring my Canon point-and-shoot as well) as my “only” technology. I’m leaving the camera behind because I find I rarely use it on trips such as this. I’m leaving the laptop behind because I want to see what it’s like to just have access to an iPad for a few days.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not sure yet, though trying to be positive
Current Music – listening to today’s “Daily Giz Wiz” podcast
Website Of The Day – Artcyclopedia has a really cool collection Tilt-Shift Van Gogh.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – probably should’ve checked, but didn’t
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem