For year animators have been drawing short-haired women into their animations because it was easier to draw and the computing power to generate flowing long hair was not available. There is a movie coming out next week called Megamind whose commercials have been catching my eye. Can those of you who’ve known me for a while figure out why?
Does Roxanne Ritchi remind you of a certain someone who left my life almost seven years ago? Seven years ago…. my, my, where does the time go?
A Somewhat Wasted Night
I had a ticket to last night’s Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit show at The EARL. I didn’t go. In part I was in no mood to leave the house at 10pm on a Thursday night (once that would have never been a roadblock), and in part because I was going to make an effort to start writing an iPhone app because I really, really, need the practice if I want to return to being a bone fide developer.
I was partially successful in my quest. I wound up running into hurdles that I could not overcome and after a few hours of struggle tossed my hands in the air and gave up. Tomorrow’s another day…
ITP Flickr Pic
Um, nope again.
Thirty Years Later, I’m Ready To Buy “The Wall”
I’ve had a long history with Pink Floyd’s album “The Wall”. I was introduced to Floyd by a childhood friend in the mid/late 1970s and when “The Wall” was released I was thrilled. There was one problem with “The Wall” however, it made me extremely sad. Not even going out on my first date to the midnight showing of “The Wall” (the movie obviously) with a girl named Rhonda could change my attitude toward the music. (fwiw- Rhonda and I went on two dates before she returned to the boyfriend from whom she had just broken up. I should have seen the writing on the wall…) Because of the mood in which it put me I’ve abstained from purchasing the album for the thirty years during which it has been available.
I think I’m ready. Sure the digital download still costs $17-$20 (depending on where you buy it) — try and tell me that the music industry doesn’t rip people off — which may be a deal breaker, but I am considering…
In the age of podcasts it’s almost a sure bet that once a podcast stops being released on a regular schedule its not long for this world. For a while I’ve been watching a cooking video podcast called “FoodMob” which was made in Ireland. About a month ago new episodes stopped appearing. And finally this week a one-minute “Hi, we’re done.” podcast was released. Bummer, I’m going to miss it.
It’s UF/UGA Weekend And I Don’t Care
Usually this weekend is fully of nerves for me as the Florida Gators takes on UGA. Normally the loser’s season is ruined and the winner has the chance to move one step closer to playing for the National Championship. Not this year however. Both teams are mired in lousy seasons, and while a month ago I would have bet money that Florida would be the victor, today I’m not sure.
I am sure that my life will be unaffected by the outcome of that football game, so I officially declare indifference.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated
Current Music – silence as podcasts whisk their way down the internets into my laptop
Website Of The Day – I’ll probably wait to see if a 2D version of Megamind becomes available at Netflix, but I can’t wait to see it.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – was supposed to check, but I did not
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 9, Carnivorous Days – 19
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem