The rain into which I drove this morning kept me from making a side trip to Starbucks for a coffee. Willpower was the only thing which kept me from stopping at the Chick-Fil-A table which has been set up as a makeshift food source until someone reopens the cafeteria in the office building in which I work. Instead I’ve opted for the nearly-free breakfast of tea (provided by the Company) and toast (baked by yours truly this past weekend). And if two fairly skinny slabs of bread don’t proved to be sufficient sustenance I have some apples and a pear waiting to be consumed.
Another Good Lavanderia Noche
There is a sliver of curiosity inside of me which wonders if/when I ever get my plumbing fixed at the house if I’ll stop taking my laundry to the lavanderias which sit adjacent to some of my favorite cheap eats in town.
Last night I did laundry at the lavanderia which sits adjacent to Las Tortas Locas. To my pleasure I managed to beat the crowd to the lavanderia and was able to get my three loads, one of which was a comforter for my bed, done with no hassles. For my meal I noshed on two tacos — uno pastor y uno chorizo — and snacked on some carrots and sweet potatoes from their salsa bar. Â¡Delicioso!
ITP Flickr Pic
I wanted to post another sunshiny shot to brighten another gloomy day. However, I have no more at the ready. So, I’m posting just the opposite.
This was taken in what used to be a City of Atlanta public bus. What a shameful past this country has.
The Heat Is On
When I awoke to my many alarm clocks I noticed that the temperature in the house had dropped to 61Âº F. I have been holding off turning on the heat until I thought it was “needed” (though I know I should not wait until it’s absolutely necessary in case something is not right). With today’s high temperature in Atlanta predicted to be 58Âº F I thought the time was right to cave in to Scana Energy and turn on the gas.
Thankfully the heat and heater cooperated this morning, I have my fingers crossed that the same can be said all Fall/Winter.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – mur
Current Music – listening to last night’s “Top Chef: Just Desserts”
Website Of The Day – Though I don’t have much time for tv these days I still love the medium. LocateTV helps you locate tv online.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 25
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem