Have four full days really passed since I’ve written a blog? How was it for you?
My accomplished mission over the weekend was helping ITP-Reader Randy go through the half keg of Sweetwater 420 that he brought to Atlanta. Did this help my weight problem? Certainly not, but I’ll have to latch onto what little acclaim I can.
A Whole Lot Of Relaxing Going On
I spent the Thanksgiving break the way many Americans did, sitting around doing little. I watched a lot of football and had a great time hanging out with friends. This morning’s step onto the scale reminded me that I was too lazy this weekend.
ITP Flickr Pic
On Black Friday I joined a couple of Flickrites for breakfast at The Majestic. As we are wont to do we showed up early to shoot. I was more than surprised to find the parking lot full due to people going into Urban Outfitters for their Black Friday sale.
The three of us played my Soutmob deal perfectly on Saturday morning. The deal gets you 50% off the bill, up to $15 — our tab came to $30. Score!
It’s Dead Jim
On Sunday I decided to perform my weekly “takeaway” backup. I have two backup hard drives which I alternate, taking the latest one to work with me to my office for offsite backup. For some reason “Offsite B” decided to give up the ghost and failed. Dead. Gone. Kaput.
Luckily, in addition to belt and suspenders I keep a figurative piece of rope (or an extension cord if you are a Modern Family watcher) for just such an occasion. I had a spare hard drive in my closet and pulled it out in order to do my backup. Anal? Yeah, but I’m talking about backing up all of my documents, music, movies, and photos — I should be anal.
I Got A Lot Of Losses
It was a good thing that the NY Jets took care of business on Thursday night because not much else went my way (football-wise) the remainder of the weekend.
On Saturday my beloved Florida Gators had their asses handed to them by the hated Florida State Seminoles, thus capping one of the most mediocre Gator regular seasons since I attended the university.
I had three Deadbeat Dad players performing on Thursday, if you could call what they did “performing.” Sunday’s performances didn’t fare much better leaving the Deadbeat Dads in a position to lose yet another game and this time lose my position atop the league for the first time this year.
I was projected to score 103 points, I scored 58. This is another reason I’m putting the East Atlanta
Deadbeat Dads Underachievers to rest at season’s end.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – angry
Current Music – silence as I let iTunes catch up on four days of podcast downloading
Website Of The Day – Have someone for whom it is impossible to shop? Have you tried American Science & Surplus? I used to get their catalog years ago and am pleased to see that they are still in business.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 208 pounds — did I mention that I was angry?
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~13 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 30, Situps – 150
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 28
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Determine the fate of Sharpened Stone, LLC
– lose five pounds
– eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers, completed
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem