I’m hoping that my “December To Remember” is full of joy. I’m hoping to end this horrible year on a high note which will launch 2011 correctly.
Calling A Dinner Audible
Last night I was going to drive into the northern part of Virginia-Highland to use my Groupon (soon to be a Google property) for DBA Barbecue, mmmmmm ribs. However, if you live in the Atlanta area you understand that yesterday’s torrential weather made driving conditions a little less that ideal. So instead, I decided to call a dinner audible and head to Taco Mac at Perimeter. My idea sounded so good that five of my coworkers joined me for what turned into a later-than-expected drinkingfest which wound up at the nearby Outback Steakhouse (don’t judge). Needless to say traffic was much lighter when I hit the road a little later than 10pm.
Today my body is reminding me why beer and chips with queso and salsa, do not constitute “dinner.”
All Star Game
Tonight starts Top Chef: All Stars. To my delight ITP-Reader Betsy is coming over, with food — woot!, as well as her two dogs. I had heard rumor that Reese was getting a play-partner and I’ll get to meet him/her tonight. I’m really looking forward to this All-Star season, something I’d rarely say, because many of my favorite non-winning contestants are returning.
Zappos To It
I have finally made a sneaker purchase from Zappos. It’s taken me years, and I know that Zappos is now owned by Amazon, but I decided to make the leap last night. Zappos has been lauded for its shoe selection, competitive prices, and liberal return policy for which they will pay return shipping.
What did I get? I purchased a low-cut pair of Converse All-Stars, originally to be in royal blue but since they didn’t have that color in my size I went for maroon.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though my body is in a funk
Current Music – listening to the “MacBreak Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – I like documentary films, which is why I was so excited to find out about Top Documentary Films.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – flights of stairs (22) [that’s eleven floors’ worth of stairs]
Morning Weigh-In – should’ve checked, but didn’t
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of secret goals which I will not divulge
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers, completed
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem