Sorry about yesterday’s failure to blog. I was awake early in Raleigh for my flight back to Atlanta. While I had forty-minute spans of free time here and there, none of those provided enough time for me to generate a blog.
Upon my return to the office (post Perimeter Mall lunch and Apple Store stop — returning with one, ridiculously overpriced cable for my Mac Mini) I was delightfully surprised to find out that I won a quarter in one of the “squares” competitions in which I participated, turning an $18 investment into $80. This is a much better way to start the week than last week’s notice that I was #2 out of two in a competition to win someone’s heart.
I Had A Great Time In Raleigh
Great friends, great food, great wine, a fun hockey game in which the local team beat my current home team, and old school bowling. I never got my Loco Pops fix, but that’s alright as it’ll give me a reason to visit during warmer times.
ITP Flickr Pic
Raleigh has a cool upstairs bowling alley that doesn’t offer electronic scoring — which I think is awesome!
I took this photo at just the right time because Randy went on to become a striking machine and my score wallowed.
Time To Return To The Training Bandwagon
I let cold temperatures and laziness interrupt my training schedule this past weekend, and travel interrupt it yesterday. I even allowed myself a Taco Mac fix last night.
This afternoon my fatter-than-desired body will be poking around the area known as “Perimeter Mall” as I attempt to get a four-mile “run” under my oversized belt. I would have gotten out there this morning, but the cold air and stiff breeze, combined with how tired I was this morning (cold coming on?) convinced me to stay in bed instead.
Time To Continue To Stay Off The Social Media
For the past week I’ve been trying to avoid Twitter and Facebook mostly to stop spending time that should be dedicated to other efforts on those services.
Truth be told, everyone’s proclamations of happiness and love, combined with the inundation of “Valentine’s Specials” (guess who will be Valentine-less again this year) has been bringing me down as well. So, while avoidance may not be the ultimate solution, it’s the one that I will continue for at least another week. Who knows, this might be just the sort of break I need to ween myself from the Social Media teats…
Huh, Thought That I Had So Much More To Say
But I don’t today. Time to make the doughnuts…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, and actually not feeling that great physically
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I’m not much of a sunglass wearer, but if you are considering buying a new pair in anticipation of longer days and hotter weather then check out Geek Sunglasses.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 206 pounds — apparently I can’t lose there either
Foot Mileage – 10.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (1)
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Lose two pounds
– Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than two half-marathons
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions