Could this be the lull before the storm? Who knows. Last night’s “fun” included working “late,” going to Publix, and returning home to take care of a couple of small things prior to returning to Slumberland.
I Spent $106 At Publix?
While walking around the Publix in Poncey-Highland taking in the scenery of pretty, intown ladies, I managed to put $106 worth of groceries into my cart. Sadly, I didn’t get all of the items that I wanted to buy. I did get one $9 bottle of wine, a ton of meat that I plan to cook up in the coming week (look at me planning, and planning on bringing lunches to work again), a few vegetables — potatoes, carrots, and onions — and some pantry items.
The new addition to my kitchen family remains in its box, though I am devilishly rubbing my hands together at the thought of using it this weekend.
ITP Flickr Pic
This space for rent.
Yesterday I dropped off one small box of items at Goodwilll. I keep trying to convince myself that yesterday’s donation was the tip of my donation iceberg. I have an empty box at home (and a soon-to-be empty box when I remove the Lodge dutch oven from the shipping box) which I will be filling with items (read “mostly old clothes”) over the next few days. I plan to make another Goodwill drop next week. Slowly I will purge my domicile of unnecessary items facilitating any changes I decide to make in the near future.
Paulie Tour 2011
Now that I’m returning to a physical state which will allow me to have fun again I’m starting to think of travel plans. I may have already scrapped the idea of taking a long trip to the Canadian maritime (Nova Scotia) this Summer.
A trip to Savannah in October for Inter-Americas Hash 2011 has already been booked. Also currently on the agenda is a trip to Chattanooga at the tail end of this month (will happen), a trip to Raleigh one weekend in June (will happen), and a trip to New York to visit my brother and sister-in-law (most likely will happen).
Once I tally up how many days these trips will take I’ll be considering more trips. Who has awesome suggestions for me?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, hip still pops and is sore though I am walking better
Current Music – listening to this week’s “MacBreak Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – Yesterday’s “What’s That Food?” podcast was sponsored by The EcoMaker, which is good enough for me to feature them today. The EcoMaker’s tag line is “Where Eco Meets the Homemaker.”
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car (starting to think about taking Marta)
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not checking, though I will be again soon
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 10
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically The Mole People: Life In The Tunnels Beneath New York City
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions