I’m Trying To Fool The Universe
In killing time before meeting up for trivia I made a rare appearance inside a Best Buy last night. It’s been some time since I’ve been inside one and have to admit that I was almost a bit overwhelmed with all of the shit (both good and bad) they sell these days.
I was inside Best Buy to laugh at the ridiculously high price that they would certainly be charging for an 8GB USB Flash drive (because I still can’t find the three I know I put somewhere “safe”). To my surprise the 8GB USB Flash drive that I wound up purchasing last night was actually priced cheaper at Best Buy than at Amazon — even when you include sales tax!
Dear Universe: I’ve moved on from those other USB Flash drives, you may reveal their hiding spot whenever you deem appropriate.
ITP Flickr Pic
This was the shot I was going to post yesterday.
The photographer that you see pictured holding his waterproof camera scarily close to that raft is my friend Dave. I’m waiting for him to post the shots he took that day.
Team Trivia, Filled With Fail
I joined a friend’s trivia team last night and I’m sad to say that I didn’t provide a single answer. The few questions I could answer were easily answered by other team members.
The night started off strangely because we had to split into two tables because of the large size of our team (seven) and the small size of the Northlake Mellow Mushroom. The pizza I ate last night (a buffalo chicken pizza) didn’t help my weight-loss effort, but the waitress’ inability to come and take a beer order from me while I ate said pizza did (for the record all I drank last night was water).
AT&T : One Company With Many Parts
I received an email from AT&T telling me that the credit card I registered for my iPad’s data plan (here’s something interesting which makes me feel a little stupid, I just realized that because my iPad has 3G capabilities it also means that it has a cellphone number) is expiring. I received similar emails for my AT&T U-Verse plan and my iPhone plan.
Three plans, three different bills, three different login/password combinations. Wouldn’t it be awesome if there were one AT&T account to rule them all? I contracted to AT&T (then BellSouth) in 1995, so I’ll pass on making any effort to help them out with this…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat, but that’s to be expected
Current Music – listening to this week’s MacBreak Weekly podcast
Website Of The Day – While I have plenty to read already, the Take Control Books series provide a lot of good nerdy information.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 207 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Ride my bike no fewer than 150 miles
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose two pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions