At the conclusion of yesterday’s stage of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge (speaking of which, you should check out ITP-Reader Steve’s comment in yesterday’s blog entry) I drove back to East Atlanta, parked the Jackmobile in the driveway, and walked up to the Thursday night East Atlanta Farmers Market. After purchasing a loaf of artisan bread, some tomatoes, some Japanese eggplant, and some green/yellow squash (note: I didn’t get a King of Pops popsicle) and while taking note of the
others attractive girls in attendance I saw ITP-Reader Betsy and a female hasher who has requested anonymity. My intent was to make dinner from my purchases but I was kindly invited to consume salt and pepper tofu with some alcohol at SoBa with them, so I joined them for dinner and drinks. At SoBa I saw my friends Mike and Tami (Mike, who is in the band for which I schlepped clothes around the Chattahoochee last Saturday) eating dinner at the bar too.
Home Alone, Doing Chores OR Having Fun With Friends
As I mentioned yesterday there are no shortage of chores to do around the ITP Estate. However, I spend far too many nights alone these days so the thought of hanging out with a couple of friends was a pleasant alternative. I will have to get home in time, or wake up super early tomorrow, in order to give the mountain bike a once-over and inflate its tires to the proper pressure before tomorrow’s outing with cameras along the Atlanta BeltLine. Though it’s not yet finished I am excited to be getting my first view of the BeltLine tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some interesting photos along the ride as well.
While rummaging around the (work) office the other day (August 24th to be exact) I came upon this hard drive in an old computer. I picked up the drive to see if it had any indication of its capacity marked upon it. Then I noticed the writing “WORKS 8/23/99” which is my handwriting in Sharpie from exactly twelve years, and one day, previously.
(In doing some research I found that the drive’s capacity is 6.4GB, which is smaller than the USB Flash Drives that I still can’t find.) I’m tempted to hook it up to a Windows PC to see if the drive still spins up, and if so, what is on it.
It’s Friday, It Must Be Taco Mac Night
If you are of a certain age (40+) and from a certain area of the United States (mostly like just the Northeast) you might remember two things:
- Wednesday is Sundae at Carvel
- Wednesday night is Prince Spaghetti night (here’s a link to the YouTube video of that commercial)
For me Friday night is Taco Mac night. Some time after work you’ll find me trying to chatting up the pretty waitresses while putting down the
expensive tasty beers.
The remainder of this weekend will be spent biking, attempting to complete some of those many chores, and attending a performance of the play “The Green Book” at Theatrical Outfit.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat, off-kilter still regarding my hip
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – A link to the National Hurricane Center seems unfortunately appropriate for today. Good luck East Coasters, stay safe.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, 6 flights
Morning Weigh-In – 206 pounds this week, check back next Wednesday
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 55.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 72 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Ride my bike no fewer than 150 miles
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose two pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions