OMFG, some day in the future parts of Georgia will be able to buy alcohol in stores on Sundays. Welcome to the twentieth century, Georgia!
Meanwhile, I’ll Be Drinking In Bars
With traffic at a standstill and me needed to work extra-late I joined two coworkers for a few drinks and dinner at Outback last night. Holy crap I need to stop going to Outback, I’m not fond of their beer selection and I think their food is over-priced. Last night I sat next to a man who bought dessert for the female member of our group. He was married and clearly too old for my coworker, but I figured whatever. After she consumed about half of the dessert I got to talking to the guy and found out that he works for the company that owns Outback. So while he was being “generous” he really wasn’t paying for the dessert out of his own pocket.
Like the proverbial Japanese businessman I never made it home last night. Thankfully I have no dependents so I was able to make the decision to return to the office and pound out some code prior to falling asleep on my cubicle floor. Even more fortunate for me I had packed clothes “for exercising” into which I was able to change after showering in the office building’s workout room this morning.
If there were a Waffle House within walking distance of the office I’d be taking a hike there for breakfast today.
No Overnighter Tonight
Tonight I’ll be home, hopefully watching some Modern Family and Top Chef: Texas. If all goes to plan I will be accompanied by ITP-Reader Betsy and food and wine will be consumed. [Related: I’m doubting that I will lose any weight this month.]
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, though I’m thinking that I’m not going to be able to go camping this weekend
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Back to Work” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’ll never strive to be in Record Setter, but the people who are “record setter” holders are probably pleased with themselves.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – not needed
Exercise (b)Log – nothing (?)
Morning Weigh-In – nowhere near my scale
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 40
Stairs – 30 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose three pounds
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to this this will never happen)
– Ride my bike no fewer than 100 miles
– Exercise for an hour no fewer than twenty-five days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than fifteen vegetarian meals
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
Run in no fewer than two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions