Not much time to blog today, so I’m just going throw a few things against the wall
– Fun “Bike” night last night. I realized that in addition to the damaged front forks that the wreck also bent the large front chain ring so my Grand Plan for it may be scrapped. While I unfortunately didn’t see ITP-Reader Martha I did see ITP-Reader Barb and scored two jars of fat-free (oh my god, I actually typed “fart-free” first) gravy with which I plan to challenge my cooking skills; it’s kinda like a personal Top Chef QuickFire Challenge.
Today’s Daily Challenge
I like today’s Daily Challenge, so I’m going to use it.
Write down a skill or subject that you know well enough to teach.
We don’t tend to take time to really take stock of who we are, what we know, and what contributions we can make. But by taking a moment to think about it, you may value yourself in a different way and recognize your potential for making a positive difference in the world. This may even motivate you to take things a step further and share what you know with eager learners.
In college I tried to help a girl with her Algebra. Though I was taking Calculus I learned that I didn’t understand Algebra well enough to teach it to her (I still don’t). I have helped people with photography, and I think that’s what I’m best suited to teach; though admittedly I wish I understood iOS Development well enough to teach it.
What skill or subject would you write down?
– I passed a woman with an “On-On” sticker on her car. I tried to make eye contact with her to see if I knew her, but she never looked my way. There are days that I wish I had an “On-On” sticker on the rear of my car (currently I have BN, ITP, and EAV stickers, all weather-beaten, on the windscreen of the bike rack) too. I know that it would identify me as a (once?) hasher to other hashers, but I sometimes wonder if it also identifies me as a hasher to the local police.
ITP Flickr Pic
Here’s a photo I took on my walk Wednesday.
This hearth stands proudly along Ashford-Dunwoody Road between Perimeter Mall and the Crown Plaza.
This is the first photo I’ve added to my “Home Was Where The Hearth Is” collection in far too long.
– Apple announced “Mountain Lion” (OS X 10.8) yesterday. I know most of you could care less, or perhaps couldn’t care less, but I’m very excited by this news.
– I have to get to work (too much sleep this morning). Have a great weekend everyone! If you have Presidents Day off next Monday then enjoy; I do, but I don’t as I’ll be in the office working trying to catch up on my coding.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – ambivalent, back still hurts — I might not get the luxury of waiting until my physical in March to determine that there is something wrong with me (not new news, I know)
Current Music – silence, though I jammed to some Grandaddy on my drive in. It’s the first time in a long time that I listened to music instead of podcasts on my commute. I have different plans starting next week
Website Of The Day – I’m seriously considering supporting the Gotham Theft-Resistent Bike Light Kickstarter Project.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, 6 flights
Morning Weigh-In – 212 pounds yesterday
Foot Mileage – ~16.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 31 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 17*
Vegetarian Days – 4*
Carnivorous Days – 12
Pancakes Eaten – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation