While I don’t yearn for the days of being bored my life might benefit from slowing down a bit. I’m writing this at home, eating (an incredibly simple to make and sublime) two-egg omelet, getting ready (hopefully completely so) to head to my tax preparer’s office to start the bad news that I call “income taxes.”
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Give your kitchen sponge a once-over and add a new one to your shopping list if it looks tired.
A kitchen sponge does a dirty job and has the bacteria to prove it. Because a sponge is often warm and moist, it’s a perfect breeding ground for yeast, mold, and other potentially harmful germs. Food safety experts recommend replacing your sponge every two to four weeks to help avoid spreading bacteria and ensure the safety of your food.
If I were the conspiracy theory type I’d swear the people at the Daily Challenge were watching me. I just purchased and replaced my kitchen sponge last weekend.
A Better Show Than I Expected
I met up with my buddy Mike last night and we went to the Craig Finn (lead singer of The Hold Steady) show at The EARL. Given that it was a show at The EARL we knew that the show would start late. Given that it was a Monday night (and that I am old, and Mike has a wife and kids) we knew that we probably wouldn’t be staying for the entire show.
Finn’s latest album, a side-project away from The Hold Steady, is far from the top of my “favorites list” however, given that I’ve enjoyed his efforts in the past I bought a ticket immediately upon hearing of the show. I was not disappointed, nor was I disappointed to leave sometime around 11:30pm because it was Monday night after all.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing to display.
Hitting The Road Again Today
Though I’ll be getting to the office late and then working late to compensate for this (it’s not like I don’t have plenty of work to accomplish while I am there) I’ll be getting some exercise in the form of walking tonight. I should be doing laundry tonight, but I’ve not walked in two days and I want to get some in tonight. I just need to remember to eat something fairly early because I need to be food-free for my physical tomorrow morning.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – rushed, as usual
Current Music – listening to a “Martin Bailey Photography” podcast
Website Of The Day – Maybe once Task Rabbit arrives in Atlanta (coming soon!) I’ll start using their service to outsource all of my chores.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~12.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 4*
Vegetarian Days – 0*
Carnivorous Days – 5
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least three pounds (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– File tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Task Rabbit… very clever idea and should be pretty worthwhile. I don’t really have anything I can’t get accomplished… unless they like to paint fences!!!
A quiet evening.. race weekends just seem to zap me. Watched yesterdays stage of Paris-Nice… it was windy there too. The riders from this weekend could have seen how to do a proper echelon.
The new barn kitties are off to the vets today to get “tutored”… I think it took Satchmo years to forgive me.. hopefully the kitties are not the revengeful type.
And those that still FB, I was checking in this morning and had a chat box pop up from 2 of my friends who just happen to know each other. All it said was “hey!” and a weblink. If you think I clicked on the link, you’re nuts. Be careful out there, they are getting pretty sneaky.
Are you watching Paris-Nice online? If not, which station is airing it, NBC Universal?
Another reason I am glad that I no longer play the FB game.
I’m awaiting my appoinment at 10am. My tax preparer’s iffice is near Nortg Decatur / Mountsin Industrial. I never realized how hard it is to find coffee once you are not in Decatur Square. 🙁
Not NBC Universal, but NBC Sports… formerly Versus. Paul and Bobke doing the commentary- I think Phil has another race starting tomorrow.
N. Decatur and Mountain Industrial? Deaklb Industrial maybe?
Ooops, I typed the wrong industrial.
Done handing over the figures, now it’s time to become Uncle Sam’s bitch.
Shit, I just realized that I left my workout clothes at home. Dangen!
Kevin is at Paris-Nice, my DVR has been taping it, but I haven’t had the time to watch it. Versus – Ill still call it that.
So- I caught up on Amazing Race – I think I’ll root for the Border Patrol guys to win. The Kentucky guys weren’t quite as annoying, they toned down the Jersey boys by editting I’m guessing, so the only one I really dislike now is Rachel from Big Brother. She’s acts like an idiot.
And – for those who have met him, Bruce Dickman is going to meet up with my sister at the Great Alaskan Bush Company tonight, I think I’m scared for my sister. Just kidding……. I can’t wait to hear what she has to say about it all.
Happy 100th, Oreo cookies!
On a completely different note, we put our sponge in the dishwasher every time we run it – helps “sanitize” it a little better than sitting on the side of the sink and they seem to last longer before they start to smell “old”.
So is this a date, Barb?? Or he’s just going to the “shoe show”?
no, not a date…….. Connie is married. He just wants togo to the shoe show….. and harrass me from afar.