I’ve carved time out for exercise, but everything not work related must suffer again.
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Sit in the butterfly pose with the soles of your feet together.
Yoga helps promote flexibility, good posture, and relaxation, and it’s a type of exercise that doesn’t put stress on the joints. The butterfly pose in particular tones the hips and pelvis, and helps the thigh muscles become more flexible. Breathing deeply during the pose stimulates the relaxation response, which helps you feel calm and centered.
Jackmobile’s Cassette Tape Player, 2002-2012?
While driving to work yesterday listening to an audiobook the Jackmobile’s stereo went silent. At first I couldn’t understand why the iPod Touch I use for podcast listening quit playing. And then I looked down and noticed that the Jackmobile’s stereo had turned off.
I was relieved that the stereo turned back on, and popped out the cassette tape adapter, but no luck. Even worse, I couldn’t eject the adapter again; each attempt was greeted with indifference or a cryptic “Err” message.
When I was leaving work I tried ejecting the adapter again, this time with success. I was slightly thrilled when I noticed that my cheap (Dollar Store?) adapter had broken. I thought all was saved. I also have an old Sony adapter (these things used to be a dime-a-dozen) which I inserted into the cassette tape player. Unfortunately this didn’t solve the problem. So for now I’ll be unable to listen to podcasts/audiobooks while I commute. Dangen! I suppose I could return to listening to CDs, but I doubt that I’ll ever return to listening to the radio.
The Jackmobile is too old to warrant a new stereo, so I’ll have to figure out what I’ll be doing for the near future.
RealiTV Update: TAR — I Love You Again
Man, I thought that this week’s The Amazing Race was classic! Beard styling? Gingerbread house roof making? Clues which cloud which castle teams are supposed to visit in order to get their next clue? Curling (or whatever the German name for that sport is) with Travelocity gnomes? BRILLIANT!
Now if we can only get Rachel (sp) to stop acting like a five-year-old child.
Probably Not Even Enough Time For iOS Developers Meetup
I’ll most likely be iOS coding instead of going to a meetup for iOS developers tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – wondering if there will ever again be a day when at least one thing is not wrong with me. Today, it’s one of the things on my back, which I am going to schedule further investigation/removal for once my project at work is released.
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Back to Work” podcast
Website Of The Day – .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~3.75 miles
Morning Weigh-In – weigh-in occurs again tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~32 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 17 (not including hotel days)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 18
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
– Lose at least three pounds (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– File tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation