I’m scrambling. So. Much. To. Do….
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Save money on your next supermarket shopping trip by including economical foods on your list.
A list that contains healthy, economical foods leaves less room for processed, expensive extras in the shopping cart. More importantly, taking the time to think about what you’ll need for healthy, low-cost meals increases the chances that you’ll eat well – without compromising taste or nutrition.
A “supermarket” is a restaurant that sells food you have to prepare yourself, right?
The Color Of Blood
Because of medical problems I don’t wish to discuss in public (imagine that!) I’ve owned blood-colored towels because they do a wonderful job of hiding blood stains.
When I started working out a lot I chose to switch to white towels, and have been using them nearly exclusively since. I didn’t get rid of the blood-colored towels, they just didn’t make it into the rotation very often. The white towels have been instrumental in letting me know when my back is letting go of some blood after showering.
The problem with the white towels is that I have to wash/rinse them immediately when I see blood on them.
The Man In Black
I am the not-so-proud owner of two more black undershirts and two more gray undershirts. Had I been able to buy a package of undershirts containing four black undershirts I’d be the owner of that combination instead.
At sometime nearing 5:00pm I went outside the office and sat on a metal chair with a slatted back. When I stood up there was an immediate feeling that reminded me of getting hit with a small water balloon. Except there were no rapscallions tossing balloons, instead it was the balloon on my back giving up its contents.
I’ll refer to my two stitched areas as “Thing 1” and “Thing 2.”
Thing 1 was the first to appear, sometime within the past seven years. Thing 1 has been fairly dormant and I had removed because I was going to get cut, so I might as well get cut in two place.
Thing 2 appeared sometime within the last four years. Thing 2 was the cyst which necessitated the immediacy of the surgery be festering and erupting a few weeks ago. Since the surgery Thing 2 has been the one giving me the most grief, swelling and causing me to have my back looked at on Tuesday. Yesterday afternoon Thing 2 dispensed its contents on the back of the black undershirt I was wearing, and onto the red/black plaid shirt that I was wearing over it. Luckily there was no continued bleeding and I was able to walk over to Target to buy the previously-mentioned new undershirts.
Black is a great color for disguising blood.
Not wanting to be left out, Thing 1 has started to flare up and started bleeding after my shower this morning.
I’m wearing another black t-shirt today, and have a spare t-shirt and blood-colored towel with me in case Thing 1 and Thing 2 decide to be continue to be above-the-waist assholes.
I’m Missing My Walks
I’ve not been on a walk since pre-surgery. Part of the problem has been the lack of free time due to work commitments (btw- all “fun” weekend plans of mine have been canceled due to an edict sent down by Upper Management yesterday), as well as the desire to not hinder any possible healing of my back (sweating seems like a bad idea right now).
I miss my walks. Any weight-loss I’ve experienced recently has been because of my lack of beer intake.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated
Current Music – listening to last week’s “This Week in Photography” podcast
Website Of The Day – I read that Axl Rose won’t be attending the induction ceremony of Guns N’ Roses induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I should have realized that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had a website, but I never considered whether or not it had.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 208.4 pounds yesterday
Foot Mileage – ~7.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 8
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
– Lose at least three pounds (net weight loss)
– Completely recover from my sebaceous cyst surgery
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation