Not because of my back, though it’s still not pleasing me, it’s because of my procrastination with my income taxes. Even though I went to my tax preparer in early March my returns were not delivered to me until last Saturday. I should have read the email sent to me because it explained that I needed to print out a form prior to their filing my taxes electronically. Had I read this email I could have printed out the form and taken it to my tax preparer this morning. Instead, without a printer in my house, I’ve had to travel to the office, print out my forms, return to Decatur to return the form to my tax preparer, and then return to the office.
It’s not like I have an abundance of time to take care of shit like this.
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Take a meditation break with a calming word or phrase.
Meditation techniques like finding a calming word (mantra) or phrase and repeating it as you breathe slowly and deeply can help you physically relax and clear your mind. It’s thought that meditation reduces the activity of the sympathetic nervous system, which helps the body get ready to fight or escape a conflict situation. Meditation exercises also seem to increase the activity of the parasympathetic nervous system, which relaxes the body by slowing down the heart and breathing rates, improving blood flow, and increasing digestive juices.
I should practice this a lot today…
That’s All Folks!
Good luck and good fun to those of you riding the “Wheels of Fire” ride tomorrow.
Good luck and good fun to those of you running the “Run Before You Crawl” 5k and pub crawl tomorrow.
If I can find the time I plan to see a couple of concerts this weekend (Gringo Star tonight, The Magnetic Fields tomorrow night). And with any luck I’ll be able to start my lawnmower on Sunday and push it over the weeds which have sprouted.
The rest of the time I’ll be working. At least I won’t have to worry about getting my income taxes done…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – I really don’t need to tell you that I am annoyed
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Some day very soon I need to take another crack at implementing the Getting Things Done strategy.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 208.4 pounds on Wednesday
Foot Mileage – ~7.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 9
Pancakes Eaten – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
– Lose at least three pounds (net weight loss)
– Completely recover from my sebaceous cyst surgery
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation