I kicked a lot of ideas around for today, mostly pertaining to starting anew, getting the month of to a good start, and that sort of thing.
Instead I’m taking a mulligan because I didn’t go to the concert last night, slept in, and then fought traffic to get to work. I slept ten hours and yet I’m exhausted. Go figure.
Today’s Personal Project
Forget about today and start again tomorrow.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Check to see that your home first-aid kit is complete.
You never know when you’ll have to deal with a minor accident or injury – yours or that of someone close to you. That’s why a well-stocked first-aid kit is a necessity. It’s best to keep one at home and one in your car at all times.
I Did Hang Out In The Highlands Last Night
My boss and I got out of work early so we headed down to the Highlands. I was in the mood to change things up by drinking wine, so we avoided most of my normal haunts (get it, it was Halloween!) such as George’s, even though it was a Wednesday night.
We were going to do a pub crawl and started the night at Fontaine’s Oyster House. Fontaine’s wine selection is weak and they still allow smoking, so after one glass we made our way to Murphy’s. A funny thing happened along the way, my lack of a jacket and the cool air ended our pub crawl at Murphy’s.
We sat at the bar, had some wine, ate dinner, and did a ton of people watching.
A unfunny thing happened there, I think everyone — including the woman seated next to me that I was trying to chat up, and the female bartender (who put all of our drinks and food on the same tab but didn’t do so for the two women who were also similarly-aged sitting to my boss’ left) — thought that he and I were a couple. I can’t make this shit up…
It’s bad enough that most women don’t find me attractive, now I’m considered to be an unattractive gay man.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – lousy, and probably going to schedule a dental appointment for next week.
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Spend time on What Now Atlanta and really find out what’s happening inside the perimeter.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing, hoping to change that today
Morning Weigh-In – not checking because I already know that I am fat
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 1
Vegetarian Meals – 0
Carnivorous Meals – 0
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011