Because that happens next weekend…
Today’s Personal Project
Imagine a brighter future. I’ve been in the dumps for a while now and need a serious attitude (and health) adjustment.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Pledge to climb a set of stairs that contains at least 20 steps in the next week.
Skipping the elevator or escalator in favor of taking the stairs means more activity in your day! Climbing stairs exercises your legs and forces your heart and lungs to work a bit harder, which can help to improve your cardiovascular health. You’ll also burn more calories climbing the steps than you would pushing the elevator button – and you may even get to the top faster, too!
This Traffic’s Gonna Kill Me
On Wednesday evening the woman with whom I was trying to converse at Murphy’s said she had recently moved to Atlanta from Los Angeles (she’s a native Georgian drawn to the west coast by a man, yadda, yadda, yadda). Anyway, she scoffed at the idea that Atlanta had really bad traffic woes.
I beg to differ. When I emerged from my office building last night I saw a line of cars heading north and a helicopter hovering over 285 near Ashford Dunwoody. I was headed over to pick up my dry cleaning and managed to snake my way through the Perimeter Mall parking lot.
After getting my dry cleaning I popped into Target for a few things (note to self: get a Target credit card and save 5% on all the stuff you buy from them!). I then popped into Ross and Loehman’s looking for a lightweight brown jacket, something that has eluded my closet for some time. No success on the jacket front.
Traffic still looked shitty so even though it was “pint night” at Taco Mac I made my way in for some beer and food. Another option was walking to other stores but I wasn’t feeling the shopping whim after failing at Ross and Loehman’s.
By the time I exited Taco Mac traffic had lessened significantly…
Could Tonight Be A Concert Night?
My past has made me hesitant to declare my participation at a late-night concert. However, since this is Friday and I don’t have anywhere to be tomorrow morning I just may find my way to 529 EAV tonight for the Grant Hart show.
Don’t know Grant Hart? Well then you are neither over the age of forty, or have never been a HÃ¼sker DÃ¼ fan back in the eighties. Hart was one-third, the drummer, and creator of about half of HÃ¼sker DÃ¼’s songs. I am forty-seven and a huge HÃ¼sker DÃ¼ back in the eighties. I’ve seen Hart perform solo sets twice before and would love to make it for a third time.
Not because of football, that ended for me last weekend, remember?
No, tomorrow is Chomp and Stomp (link in today WothD section) in Cabbagetown and I just may attend again this year! Tomorrow night I have a ticket for “Two Drink Minimum” at Theatrical Outfit.
I actually had a potentially better offer for tomorrow night, but I’m not feeling up to the challenge it posed, so I’m going to make my solo theatre trip instead.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, my body and I aren’t getting along these days
Current Music – listening to a Coverville podcast, this one is a cover story containing covers of Simon & Garfunkel songs
Website Of The Day – Chomp and Stomp has always been a fun time.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not checking
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 2
Vegetarian Meals – 2
Carnivorous Meals – 1
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011