Wait, Election Day was yesterday?
That’s about the extent of the political banter you’ll find on this blog. If you are expecting more then you best move along.
Today’s Personal Project
Speaking of moving along, it’s time for me to start making some significant changes in my life. (Yes, I know that this is not the first time that sentiment has been expressed in this blog.)
Today’s Daily Challenge
Put the healthy foods in your fridge in an easy-to-reach spot.
Out of sight, out of mind applies to food! Studies show that you’re more likely to eat foods that are in your line of sight and not tucked away. In other words, if you open the refrigerator and see high-fat or sugary snack foods and drinks, you’ll reach for those first. But if the first foods you see are fruits, veggies, juices, and other nutritious snacks, you’ll go for those.
The beer is right up front, what more do you expect from me?
All Precincts Have Yet To Be Tallied
I heard from Harry at Peach Auto yesterday. “The code suggests that the transmission is starting to fail. It seemed to shift hard from third to fourth. Have you noticed this?” My ability to adjust (see also: shit, far too many to list) probably means that I come to feel this “hard shifting” as normal. Harry said that they would run more tests on the car today and let me know.
I already know. That over-priced rebuilt transmission that I purchased two years ago is already starting to shit the bed.
ITP Flickr Pic?
Good things which arose from yesterday’s debacle
- I don’t have to get a root canal… at least not until I can reschedule yesterday’s dental appointment.
- I walked a 1.5 miles or so, comprised of the distant from Peach Auto to the Chamblee Marta station and from my office to the Hertz rental car agency near it.
- I stumbled upon an old hash trail, as you do, and took this photo.
This “on over” confirmed my suspicion that the three white marks that I had seen near it were indeed part of a trail. And from the location of this “on over” I can only surmise that this trail ended at Robin Red Breast’s house.
- I’m getting to test drive a Mazda 3 for the next week. Sure, it’s a rental so I’m actually paying to test drive it, but I’m getting away from the Jackmobile for a week.
The Mazda 3 Carries Dirty Laundry Well
I’ll be driving the rental to the lavanderia tonight (and parking it in a place where no one will run into it) in order to get all of my laundry done tonight.
Camping Is On Again, Now With 100% Less “Bringing My Bicycle”
Now that I have a means of transportation for this weekend I plan to attend the FDR camping trip. Of course this now means that I need to do some grocery shopping, to pick up the items I need to bring with me, after doing laundry. I suppose that I could try to wedge a grocery store trip in tomorrow, but I hate waiting until the last minute.
Because the rental car doesn’t have my bike rack on it, and I don’t want to try and fit the bike into the car, or try to work out arrangements for someone else to tote my bike, I’ve decided to leave my bicycle at home for this trip. It’s always something in my life…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – I don’t know anymore
Current Music – listening to a recent Coverville podcast
Website Of The Day – I wanted to link to a “Four More Beers” site today, but the owner of that domain has it parked with GoDaddy and is completely wasting a great domain name. Huh, that sounds familiar. No, I don’t own that domain name but I can point you at one I have with which I’ve done nothing — Drinkmas.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~1.5 miles
Morning Weigh-In – not checking these days
Foot Mileage – ~6.7 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 4
Vegetarian Meals – 8
Carnivorous Meals – 6
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011