I’m back from a lovely, long weekend. Today I attempt to return to the life I happily left behind on Friday morning — house issues, car issues, body issues, work issues.
Today’s Personal Project
Get my shit together.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Make a list of three things you need to do today.
Sometimes we end up feeling stressed not just because our tasks are tough, but because we have a hard time remembering or prioritizing them! Making a short to-do list can relieve stress and help you stay focused.
Okay, if I must.
- Get the Jackmobile from Peach Auto.
- Read up on how to dissolve a LLC in Georgia.
- Plan my new eating habits.
- BONUS TO DO: Call my mother tonight.
One More Thing About Last Thursday’s Concert
I failed to mention this on Friday…
As I stood inside Peachtree Tavern I was amused to remember that the last time I was in the Peachtree Tavern was nearly two years ago to the day. The last time I saw a show at Peachtree Tavern it was the Corb Lund and the Hurtin’ Albertans on the Friday night of the FDR campout. My desire to see that show caused me to wait until Saturday morning to head down to Pine Mountain for the campout. Luckily this time the GASHCAT show was on the Thursday night prior to the campout so I was able to head down on Friday morning.
The Struggles Of Balancing Two Cars
As I was packing the Mazda on Friday morning I slapped myself in the head when I realized that I left the tarp I now use as a ground cover in the trunk of the Jackmobile.
I was about twenty minutes away from the house driving along I-285 when I realized that I had left my annual Georgia State Parks parking pass at home, in part because I cleaned out my “briefcase” and in part because I used to store it in the center console of the Jackmobile so that it was always with me when I arrived at State Parks. Somewhat incensed I turned around and retrieved the parking pass and once again started my journey to Pine Mountain.
Nothing Like Getting Away From It All
The weather this weekend could not have been more perfect for camping, lows in the forties, highs in the low seventies, and no threat of rain. I pulled into the pioneer camp and saw that SuperSuck had already set up her tent. I quickly picked out a good spot and set up my abode for the weekend.
It was great to “get away from it all,” though I don’t know if hearing someone doing leaf-blowing on both Saturday and Sunday mornings qualifies “getting away from it all.”
Friday night was laid back, sitting around camp with about nine others, drinking beer, eating food.
On Saturday morning I whipped up a fairly-awesome mess of cheesy grits while others made eggs and such. We drove out to run our non-sanctioned hash (aka “trail run”) which ended at a biker bar in the town of Warm Springs. It was fairly amazing to hash, um run, through parks of that those towns which were devastated by a tornado a couple of years ago.
For a hash campout there was an odd lack of drama; in fact, I dare-say that there was none!
The Falcons Appear To Be The Gators Of The NFL
The Falcons were undefeated until the played a game against an arch-rival. However, unlike the Gators the Falcons will win their division even though the lost the game. Falcons fans better hope that the Falcons play better than the Gators post-loss (read “from what I understand about Saturday’s game agains Louisiana Lafayette the Gators were fortunate to win”).
RealiTV Update: The Amazing Race — I Don’t Know What Happened
It was chilly in the house and I’m still too cheap to try out the heat so I set up a DVR recording headed off to the bedroom prior the start The Amazing Race. I fell asleep sometime around 9:00pm so I have no idea what happened on last night’s episode.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Hypercritical” podcast
Website Of The Day – I have heard very good things about Glassboard — a private group message sharing system. I’m not sure what Glassboard’s business model is, or that non-nerds will get on board in order to attain critical mass, but I’m planning on try it out.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my (rental) car
Exercise (b)Log – Saturday = hashing, ~5.0 miles
Morning Weigh-In – not checking
Foot Mileage – ~11.7 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 6* (I did not make my sleeping bag and blanket either Saturday nor Sunday mornings)
Vegetarian Meals – 12
Carnivorous Meals – 20
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011