And I seem to be gaining weight too. Of course I’m also drinking more and exercising less because I can’t seem to get out of bed due to the chilly weather.
I’m still trying to dress “better” but these days I feel as if I am putting lipstick on a (genetically inferior) pig.
Today’s Personal Project
Figure out which car I am going to drive tonight.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one nondairy food that’s high in calcium, such as broccoli, kale, tofu, or almonds.
When most of us think of calcium-rich foods, we think of milk, cheese, yogurt, and the like. Although the calcium in these foods is good for us, too much dairy can be unhealthy because of its high saturated fat content and possible link to some cancers. By trying out a new calcium source that isn’t dairy, you may discover different and delicious ways of getting this important nutrient.
I’m A Two-Car Man
At least for today.
I picked the Jackmobile up from Peach Auto yesterday afternoon. The cost of repair was not as low as I had hoped, but was muuuuuuch cheaper than getting a new (rebuilt) transmission. Included in the charge was also an oil/oil filter change. I’m to drive the car for two weeks, and if all pans out I’m to bring it back to flush the transmission fluid.
Though I’ve yet to return the Mazda rental I was happy to be back in the Jackmobile. Of course, as I walked past it last evening to head home it reminded me of another of its issues — the cow-like moan which it does for awhile after stopping. Perhaps I’ll remember to inquire about that, and the cost of that repair when I bring it in to flush the transmission fluid.
As I said above, I need to figure out if I will return the rental car today or drive it about town tonight and return it tomorrow morning. I wish these were the only sorts of problems I faced these days.
Walking For My Food
Tonight, health willing, I will be participating in the first Dishcrawl (Atlanta). The concept is exactly the same as a bar crawl, except at each restaurant we will have a “course” (I assume these are smaller-size “tastes”), and any alcohol I care to purchase. Sounds like a fun time, that is if my body will allow itself to participate — I’m having all sorts of genetic-related issues these days.
I’m Going To Have To Give In Tonight
I’ll be honest, I’m not so cheap that I don’t want to run my heat, I’m so fucking gun shy that I’m afraid my heat won’t work and I’ll have to have someone come out and repair it.
“But Paulie, why would you think such a thing?”
Because that’s the way things go in my life. < insert Eeyore image here in your mind >
It’s about to get cold, if only for a little while, and I am sick and tired of confining myself to my bedroom as if I were a teenager, or being punished. Sure, my bedroom is happening, not that anyone by I would know this during the past nine years, but it’s high time for me to venture out into the other 2500 (or so) square feet that my house has to offer.
I believe that I will have three, no four, major goals in 2013:
- Do whatever it takes to get my body into a condition in which I don’t feel like ostracizing myself from society (sadly this requires more than diet and exercise).
- Go out on multiple dates (hopefully with the same woman). See #1 to understand why this hasn’t happened much in the past nine years.
- Sell my house.
- Give up on the Jackmobile and purchase a new car.
Shouldn’t be too hard, right? :/
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – blah, not great, and hoping I feel better and perk up by tonight
Current Music – silence as I attempt to work through some issues at work
Website Of The Day – I am going to link to what is perhaps the worst song/video I have ever heard/seen — Thanksgiving Day. I dare you to listen/watch the entire thing!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my (rental) car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not checking
Foot Mileage – ~11.7 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 7*
Vegetarian Meals – 13
Carnivorous Meals – 22
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011