…try, try again.
I’m certain that I have mentioned this before, but the old saw “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” has always been one of my mother’s favorite sayings. I have heard it my entire life.
Today I have, and will continue to, live by that saying.
Today’s Personal Project
Keep my appointment to meet with a trainer at LA Fitness tonight. I am not going to hire a trainer, this is just a complementary “Let’s see how out of shape you are…” meeting.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Pledge not to talk, email, or message about stressful topics within two hours of bedtime tonight.
Stress is one of the most common reasons for insomnia, and because a bad night can lead to a less productive day, many people find themselves in an endless loop of stress and sleep loss. By avoiding stressful situations in the hours before bedtime, you’re more likely to go to bed in a happier mood. This will help you fall asleep faster and wake up feeling ready to take on the day’s challenges.
Shoot, I fall asleep so early these days I better start thinking about this now.
YES I WILL (tonight)
I worked, somewhat unsuccessfully, until 7:00pm last night. By that time I was hungry and in no mood to attempt any type of exercise. In fact, I was so exhausted that I didn’t even want to stop for food along my drive home. Instead I heated up some chili that I made on Sunday, snuggled under many layers of warm bedding, falling asleep well before Florida shit the proverbial bed.
Seriously, from what I read Louisville was the better (prepared?) team last night and deserved victory.
As I mentioned above, I have an appointment tonight at LA Fitness that I will not miss.
Submitted For Apple’s Approval
This morning I arrived at work early, as usual, and with the help of another coworker submitted our iOS (iPad) app to Apple for approval into their App Store. The clients are pissing their pants that the app won’t be available by their precious January 17th press release date, as for me it’s now out of my hands.
As anyone who has read this blog the past two years knows, this project has been a difficult venture — not because we are technically inept (quite the opposite is true) but because other business-related obstacles have been thrown in front of us along the way. Today’s version of the app is nearly a complete rewrite from the app which we demoed at CES last January.
I’m hopeful that Apple approves the app.
I’m hopeful because it’s now time for me to reassess my life.
I Finally Found Something Jenka Missed!
For some reason I thought that yesterday was Tuesday, so I mentioned that I would be weighing myself today for “Weigh-In Wednesday.” Well, yesterday was Wednesday, so I missed it! And so did Super Proofreader Jenka! Keep on me young lady, your corrections only improve me (or so I hope).
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – still too stressed
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – I may have mentioned Skillshare in 2012 as well. Yesterday I signed up for a four-week online course called “HTML & CSS From Scratch in 30 Days.” I can never have too many arrows in my proverbial quiver.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing, unfortunately
Morning Weigh-In – starts next Wednesday!
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 2
Carnivorous Meals – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
- lose five pounds
- walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
- read at least one book
- dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
- Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
- Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
- Dissolve Sharpened Stone
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Completely run at least on 10k
- Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
- Simplify, simplify, simplify
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
- Eat smaller portions
- Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
- Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
- Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
- Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013