Um, yeah. I am, um, yeah, out of shape.
I met with the personal trainer last night for my complementary fitness analysis / hard sell for personal training and the man proceeded to kick my ass in approximately twenty minutes. The pain of not working out in a gym in over eight years has already started to set in.
Today’s Personal Project
Maybe go to LA Fitness and do a little cardio.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Give your hands a one-minute massage.
Given the demands we place on our hands, it’s not surprising that stress and muscle aches and pains accumulate in them. Among the benefits of a hand massage are improved blood circulation, muscle relaxation, and range of motion. And giving yourself a hand massage is a great way to relax and de-stress.
What’s The Point
If you’ve wondered about the end game for my current return to working out, it’s internal happiness. Because of genetic deficiencies (not what you are conjuring perhaps) my body will most likely never be one that I am willing to show off again, however, if I can trim down, firm up, and improve my posture and ability to continue to do the things that I desire as I age, then that’s good enough for me.
It was strange as the trainer asked me of my confidence level for performing the tasks needed to achieve my desired goal. I answered honestly. “On a scale from one to ten? At forty-seven, I’d say ‘six;’ had you asked me at thirty-seven I would have answered ‘seven;’ had you asked me at twenty-seven I would have answered ‘eight’.” We are all getting older (some are closer than others) and with that we must accept the truth that we will most likely never be able to perform physical tasks better than we could ten years (or more) ago. That’s the way Life is supposed to work.
If history is an indicator if near future events then I expect the soreness to increase today through tomorrow. It’s pain, but it’s a good sort of pain…
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing taken yet. Tomorrow I am joining my Flickr buddies for a photo trip down to Warner Robins however.
I May Be Going To The Punchline Tonight
It’ll be a last-minute decision, but I recently found out that comedian Dave Attell is performing at The Punchline this weekend. The ticket price of $35 is steep, but I enjoy Attell’s humor and I have been saying for years that I’ve wanted to return to seeing comedy performances at The Punchline.
Trying Not To Work This Weekend
I will definitely be out of office tomorrow as I will be heading down to Warner Robins early, and upon returning home may head out to a football party to watch the Packers game.
On Sunday I plan to stay at home, cook up a pork butt/shoulder in the crockpot, and perform various house duties (heh, I typed “duties”) such as boxing up items which will be heading to Goodwill.
I’m A Day Early
At kicking off the 2013 birthday season! Tomorrow is ITP-Reader Steve’s birthday. Hope that you have a very happy birthday, friend. I’ll wave hello toward Moreland as I return from Warner Robins.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – sore?
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – The photo gang is heading to the Museum of Aviation in Warner Robins tomorrow.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – workout with a trainer which just about made my head explode
Morning Weigh-In – checking again next week
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1
Days Of Bed-Making – 0 (this is going to start again tomorrow)
Vegetarian Meals – 4
Carnivorous Meals – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
- lose five pounds
- walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
- read at least one book
- dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
- Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
- Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
- Dissolve Sharpened Stone
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Completely run at least one 10k
- Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
- Simplify, simplify, simplify
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
- Eat smaller portions
- Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
- Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
- Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
- Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013