I’m taking the better part of the next eight days off from office work. In these next eight days I will attempt not to undo the good gym work I’ve been doing the past three weeks.
During this “vacation” period I’m looking to relax, put some things in the past, get some personal chores accomplished, and start thinking about something I found out yesterday.
Today’s Personal Project
Learn moderation. This is not about how I feel today, but rather about the thing I heard yesterday regarding the physical I had last week. No details, sorry. Let’s just say that I’ll be making some changes that I do not want to make, but in the end will benefit me greatly.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Make your bed today.
Making your bed creates a more restful, welcoming environment and makes your bedroom feel neater. This can help lower your stress level and create more calm when you turn in for the night. You may even sleep better, which can leave you more refreshed and happy the next day.
I am sitting atop a made bed this morning.
Once again I downloaded the Atlanta episode “The Layover” and once again it was the Philadelphia episode. Via the iTunes store I have found out that I am not the only one experience this failure of Apple’s, nearly every comment left in the previous week mention this gaff.
What’s ironic about this is that I purchased the entire Season Pass for Season 2 so that I could download and watch the Atlanta episode. Seriously, if any other episode were fucked like this I’d simply shrug my shoulders and move one, but this is the only episode that I really wanted to watch and Apple isn’t delivering it, Amazon Instant Video doesn’t have a listing for it, and the Travel Channel is only providing full episodes for New York and Singapore. FAIL!
The Proof Is In The Photos
While I understand the photographers at the Hot Chocolate 15k are trying to make a living, none of the photos that they sent me thumbnails of should every be seen in public, never mind never purchased by anyone.
I thought I was having a decent day (admittedly tired and in pain toward the end), but I look like complete (fat) shit in each photo.
No wait, that’s not what I meant. I like and eat Twizzlers, mostly when watching Top Chef with ITP-Reader Betsy. I do not purchase items from vending machines (much).
I Wish I Lived In The Pre-911 World Again
In a couple of hours I’ll be down at Hartsfield Airport to pick up my friend Tamara. I remember the good old days (I also remember the former Atlanta restaurant/bar chain Good Old Days) of going to the airport when you could meet your party at their arrival gate, and one could wander the entire airport taking photographs without being labeled a “Person of Interest.” I know that we’ll never return to those days, but I do miss them.
So today I’ll be down there getting as close as I can, the top of the escalator near baggage claim, waiting with the rest of the masses. Tamara suggest taking MARTA to a station and meeting her there, but then I have to rely on MARTA’s reliability and I’d rather not have to do that.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bothered by the near-daily challenges that have been occurring lately
Current Music – silence as I wait for iTunes to load my library so that I can access it.
Website Of The Day – Remember the good old days by reading Good Old Days magazine (or surf their website using that link).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again soon?
Foot Mileage – ~14.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 8
Days Of Bed-Making – 1
Vegetarian Meals – 35
Carnivorous Meals – 35
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013