I might have a whole damn zoo in my attic. Or, I might be going crazy because I swear that I woke up several times to the sounds of things in the attic. I also think that I woke up at 4:45am to the sound of my phone ringing, but I can’t be sure because I was playing music loud enough to drown out any of the other noises.
Boy, is Tamara going to have fun staying at my house… I have the guest bedroom ready but there are so many issues (I used to call the “quirks” but let’s be honest, I’ve been such a shitty homeowner that they bloomed into “issues”) at my house. Anyone generating an over/under for the nights she actually stays at my place? Anyone have odds on whether or not my water heater breaks for good while she is here?
Today’s Personal Project
Construct some contingency plans.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Do two knee-to-chest stretches.
This exercise gives a gentle stretch to the lower back, which may become stiff and painful from sitting at a desk or in a chair. Limber lower back muscles are less likely to become strained from everyday activities that involve bending, twisting, or reaching.
I did some stretching after my workout, I don’t suppose it would hurt to do more later — especially if I do it right.
I am going to try and contact the chiropractor today and settle my score. I’d like to go to his office and talk to him, as well as the person responsible for billing to find out why it took so long to send me a bill. I now understand that they were expecting payment from the settlement, but that was over-and-done in August of last year.
Life’s too short for bullshit.
ITP Flickr Pic
While walking around downtown on Sunday morning I took a shot of the fountain in Woodruff Park.
I altered the color slightly, but the water (or at least the paint in the bottom) is almost really that blue.
Returning To LEAF
Since I think that I’ve put my “big” vacation on ice for 2013 I have started focusing on shorter ones (and bracing for the expense of house repair). One, and sometimes two, of my favorite weekends are getaways to LEAF : Lake Eden Arts Festival and spending time with the Raleigh Royalty.
Yesterday I purchased my pass for the Spring LEAF. Want to camp and try something “different”? For nearly $200 ($120 for the entry fee if you buy before February 1, and $60 to park/camp, plus fees of course) you can also attend the festival.
Hoping To Watch Some Top Chef And The Atlanta “The Layover” Tonight
I am currently charging up Ye Olde iPad 3 and if ITP-Reader Betsy is up for a get-together this evening I’ll be taking it over to her place for a little television viewing.
There has been no discussion of food to be eaten and I forgot the wine I want to bring over for consumption at my house (hope the critters don’t drink it!). Oh well, I guess I’ll play it by ear.
Heck, if Betsy is not up for a get-together perhaps I’ll swing by The Shed for some sliders.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, dismayed
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – If you don’t know that I like watching things related to cooking (and “reality” shows) they you’ve not been paying attention. I recently found out about the Tasted Channel on YouTube which has some interesting short shows. If I’ve already picked the Tasted Channel then I’ve not been paying attention.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again soon? someday?
Foot Mileage – ~14.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 7
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 33
Carnivorous Meals – 34
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013