I’m really getting used to this “time off” thing, except that every day I am reminded of the ITP Estate’s problems.
Today’s Personal Project
Not to overeat nor overdrink.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Write down words that three different people you know would use to best describe you.
Many of us tend to focus on what we perceive as our negative qualities. But by looking at ourselves through the eyes of others, it gives us the opportunity to appreciate what makes us special. Even better, you might be surprised at what one (or more) of your pieces of paper says and enjoy a newfound appreciation of yourself!
“Punctual” (because I am), and I would hope “friendly.” I wouldn’t be surprised to read “over-critical” or “self-deprecating” either.
I’ve Been Everywhere Man
Yesterday I took Tamara over to the west side of town. Truth be told she didn’t visit that area of town “back in the day” because no one really did, but I wanted to take her past CNN center as well as show her what has sprung up on the west side over the past decade.
While on that side of town we stopped into The Gear Revival where I wound up buying a cycling one-piece kit as well as a new REI messenger bag that I will eventually turn into my “briefcase.”
From our drive about we met two of Tamara’s former coworkers for lunch at Mary Mac’s Tea Room where I proceeded to stuff my face full of “authentic” southern fare.
An Indoor Kinda Day
After lunch I needed to walk. Given the weather and more than that the forecasted weather, I asked Tamara if she would mind going to the High Museum of Art for awhile. Luckily she was okay with that, and we spent some time walking about while the storms passed through pounding our fair city.
By the time we exited the High we only had a couple of hours before our scheduled dinner meet up, so we did what any two vacationing adults do, returned home and took a nap.
ITP Flickr Pic
I failed my goal for yesterday and took no photos. I guess I wasn’t feeling creative, for I had a camera with me at all times.
See, I Told You She Is Real
The timing was perfect to receive ITP-Reader Steve’s invitation to have a beer at George’s Bar, because Tamara and I were headed that way for a beer already. We dipped into George’s via the back door and had a brief, yet fun time chatting up Steve before heading to dinner.
Dinner was at The Original El Taco where we met up with our friends Sandy and Mike (with their two boys) and Stacy and Andy (and their girl). We had a really good dinner (mine was limited to two tacos and some chips because I wasn’t hungry at all even five hours after Mary Mac’s). We stayed for two spins of the carnival wheel, but unfortunately there were no winners at our table.
After the gang split (something about kids and a bedtime) Tamara and I made one more stop for her checklist — Manuel’s Tavern, where this time I did not run into the hash celebrating someone’s fortieth birthday with a bar crawl for which he was wearing a tutu. You can’t have everything…
Yeah, I’m thinking that I’ll need to go on a fast for a week or two to recover from this week’s gluttony.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – super fat, almost looking forward to reeling it all back in starting tomorrow; also looking forward to getting the squirrels out of my attic.
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again soon?
Foot Mileage – ~14.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 10
Days Of Bed-Making – 3
Vegetarian Meals – 41
Carnivorous Meals – 48
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013