With the virtual turning of the calendar to February I am ready to restart my goals for better health. Tamara’s flight back home takes off this afternoon and I will be heading to LA Fitness nearly immediately after I drop her off.
I’m ready to rectify these.
Today’s Personal Project
Go to the gym to start guiding my life back to where I want it to be.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Tense and relax each group of muscles, from your toes up to your head.
Tensing and relaxing your muscles helps you understand what complete relaxation feels like. This can make you more aware of when you might need to relax muscles when they tighten in response to stress. As you relax your body, your mind also relaxes.
It’s Been A Wonderful Week
Yesterday Tamara and I started the day with coffee at Joe’s Coffee Shop in East Atlanta; this has been an entertaining way we’ve started the day nearly each day this week.
After coffee I came to the realization that I had run out of things for us to do! It turns out that Atlanta is pretty-much a four-day activity town. Tamara and I drove around for awhile before winding up in midtown for lunch at one of our old haunts Bangkok Thai where we consumed a great lunch smothered in our favorite peanut sauce.
After driving around some more we decided to brave the chilly weather walking around Virginia-Highland. That didn’t last long as we went into Atkins Park for a pint. From Atkins Park we decided to check off the final bar destination for our Atlanta BINGO game — Smith’s Olde Bar.
At Smith’s we were joined by Tamara’s friend Angie, and the three of us then made a return to Moe’s & Joe’s for a pre-dinner drink.
Dinner last night was eaten at Wrecking Bar Brewpub, a place I have been meaning to try for some time. We were joined for dinner by our friend Sandy. I thought the food at Wrecking Bar was pretty good and I may return some time in the future.
By this time I was ready to end the night, but after once again becoming a duo Tamara and I made one more stop — Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room and Ping Pong Emporium, another establishment I have been meaning to visit for some time. Feeling extremely bloated by this time I was clearly done with drinking by this time as I failed to finish my beer! GAD ZOOKS!
It’s hard to believe that Tamara has been here a week and I think we’ve both had a fun time kicking around our old stomping grounds.
Since Tamara has been in Atlanta we’ve been on a scavenger hunt looking for some Indian spice mix for one of her friends back in Edmonton. I was certain that we’d find it at Your Dekalb Farmers Market. I was wrong. I hoped that we’d find it at the Buford Highway Farmers Market. We didn’t.
As a one-off on our travels yesterday I decided to make one last attempt at finding the spice mix at an Indian market. We were near my old haunts around Briarcliff and North Druid Hills, so we popped into Taj Mahal Imports. Success!
Of course I cannot remember the name of the spice mix. Oh wait, now I remember (thanks to Google), it’s called “dum methi chicken” from Sanjeev Kapoor.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – way fat, ready for change
Current Music – listening to this week’s “iPad Today” podcast
Website Of The Day – Will you have friends coming to Atlanta, perhaps those who don’t want to spend each and every day drinking? Check out Atlanta’s “50 Fun Things To See And Do In Atlanta”.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again soon? I should get on the scale today but I am afraid to do so.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 0
Carnivorous Meals – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013