After leaving work last night I knew there was no way I could, or should, head to LA Fitness for a workout. Instead I decided to checkout my other Super Bowl gambling effort at Smith’s Olde Bar where I plunked down $10 last Thursday for two squares while drinking. When I arrived I was surprised to see the Super Bowl squares sheets already taken down. Since I never received a call from the bar I assumed that I was not a winner — note to self: don’t gamble while drinking! I inquired about the squares and was told I wasn’t a winner (could have been worse, I could have been told that I was a loser). Since I was already at Smith’s I decided to eat some dinner. The bartender must have known that I should not be drinking alcohol since she never asked if I wanted anything other than water with my delicious hamburger which was topped with beef brisket.
I spent the night feeling miserably, sneezing and coughing. I managed to fall asleep fairly early, but awoke at 3:00am and was up for some time before taking short catnaps prior to getting ready for work.
Today’s Personal Project
Get some organization back in my life.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one food that contains Omega-6 fatty acids, such as walnuts, canola or vegetable oil, or tofu.
Omega-6 fatty acids are essential nutrients that lower LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol. Foods that contain these nutrients help to reduce inflammation in the body and help protect against heart disease.
Don’t know what I’m doing about food today. Honestly, I’m so disgusted with myself these days I think food should be the last thing I consider.
One of the benefits of returning to the office yesterday was taking possession of the two packages which were delivered for me while I was out on vacation (I never deliver anything to my house). Yesterday I received
- An infrared remote for my Nikon 1 V1
- A set of filters which fit the kit lens delivered with the Nikon 1 V1
- An adapter that will allow me to attach my current Nikon-compatible lenses to the Nikon 1 V1 (though I now realize that this adapter was so cheap because it can’t perform any of the auto-focusing that the real Nikon adapter can)
I’m looking forward to playing with these additions to my Nikon 1 V1 toolbox. Hell, maybe I’ll once again have a sufficient backlog of photos so that this blog doesn’t go dry again.
ITP Flickr Pic
While Tamara was in town I pulled out this photo of the old gang.
The original photo was taken at my first Halloween party in 1999, about six months after I moved to East Atlanta. Most of these people still live in Atlanta, but circumstances (parenthood) have changed the dynamics of the group.
So Many Shitheads In This World
As I sat in the Jackmobile warming it up this morning I saw a black SUV drive down my street. As it passed my house I noticed that the passenger window was open, and the driver launched something onto my lawn. At first I thought this was some sort of flyer/newspaper, but then realized that none of the other neighbors were getting one.
I drove to the end of my driveway to discover that the driver had jettisoned an empty Budweiser can onto my lawn. Jesus H., it’s bad enough that people litter, this shithead didn’t even have the decency to throw a quality beer can onto my lawn.
Add another notch to the “I really need to move somewhere else” column…
I Plan To Be A Loser Starting Friday
At work we will be starting another “Biggest Loser” competition at work. The competition will be based on weight-loss percentage instead of pounds lost. I’m signing up to see if this competition will help me finally shave off the twenty pounds (nearly 10%) of my weight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – hungry, tired, still fighting off this cold
Current Music – listening to a “R3-30” podcast from CBC Radio 3
Website Of The Day – Have I ever mentioned Monoprice? If you ever need cables for stereo/computer/television needs this is the place to buy them — do not buy Monster cables from Best Buy!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again Friday
Foot Mileage – ~2.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 5
Carnivorous Meals – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013