I’m feeling better, not perfect, but better today.
Today’s Personal Project
Limit my beer intake at tonight’s Corb Lund show at Smith’s Olde Bar
Today’s Daily Challenge
List two ways you can nurture yourself without spending money.
When we are stressed, many of us have dreams of relaxing getaway vacations or spa visits, but our wallets have different ideas. Thinking of free ways you can nurture your mind or pamper your body will help you the next time you want to unwind and need (or want) to do so on a budget.
- Read a good book.
- Take a nap.
For me item #1 usually leads to item #2.
Back To Training Myself With Stanford’s “iOS Development” Course
Stanford is in the process of releasing this quarter’s CS193P course via iTunesU; this quarter’s course focuses on developing for iOS6. In order to keep my programming chops I’ve decided that I will take the class in near-real-time. Unfortunately I missed the deadline for signing up for the Public access to Stanford’s “Piazza” forums, so I’ll just have to be satisfied doing the coursework alone.
I love programming. I want to do it until the skill is either no longer necessary (see also: “blacksmithing”) or I die.
RealiTV Update: The Taste — I’m A Man Who Knows Faces
I have a skill at recognizing people’s faces. Often times I can also remember from where I “know” the person, though sometimes I cannot.
Last week Tamara and I watched the first episode of “The Taste” and one of the contestants was a woman named Ninamarie Bojekian. “I’ve seen her on TV before.” I told Tamara. “What a minute, she was a contestant on “Rocco’s Dinner Party” a few years ago!” I followed with shortly thereafter.
A quick Google search proved my hunch, Ninamarie Bojekian was indeed a contestant on “Rocco’s Dinner Party.”
So if I see you and I cannot remember from where I know you, then just consider yourself unmemorable. I kid. I kid.
As for “The Taste,” I’m still trying to get into the show. Last night was the first episode in which people get kicked off and I’m not sure if I like the way in which that is done or not.
ITP Flickr Pic
Poop! I’m out of shots to post.
I Guess A Bad Workout Is Better Than No Workout
This morning I finally made it back to LA Fitness. My workout was far from the best I’ve had since rekindling my workout juices at the beginning of the year, but considering I have not been able to work out since last Friday I won’t complain too much.
Okay Fat Ass, It’s Time To Improve Your Diet
Even though I have been able to get myself back into the gym I’ve allowed my diet to remain atrocious; this needs to change today.
Last night I left work late (7pm, after watching a Stanford iOS Development class) and was famished. As I drove home the only thing which seemed to satisfy my hunger thoughts was “Chinese buffet.” Sad, I know.
You’d think that when I arrived at Grand Buffet II at Lindberg only to find it closed that I would have taken this as a sign to not eat at a Chinese buffet. No, I took this as a sign that I should drive up Buford Highway and eat at King Buffet instead. Unfortunately for me, they were open. It was perhaps the worst plate of Chinese food that I have ever eaten. Maybe that is the real omen that I should no longer eat at Chinese buffets…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – better; still bummed about my weight
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Did that Dodge Super Bowl commercial about farmers make you want to find one of your very own? Thanks to a commercial I saw on TV last night I fount that you can do so at Farmers Only (and Google provided another alternative with Dating for Farmers).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again soon?
Foot Mileage – ~2.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 6
Carnivorous Meals – 7
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013