Oh, hello again. Submitting today’s post earlier, but shorter than expected…
Today’s Personal Project
Start gathering my financial documents for my income taxes
Today’s Daily Challenge
Review the warning signs of a heart attack.
Heart attack is a leading killer of both men and women, and getting help fast can save your life and limit damage to the heart. Recognizing the symptoms is critical, however – and they aren’t always limited to chest pain and discomfort. By familiarizing yourself with these signs and symptoms, you make it more likely that you’ll know when to call for help.
Since I live alone I’m pretty much screwed even if I recognize the warning signs.
The Hurtin’ Albertans Put A Hurtin’ On Me
I didn’t expect three bands at Smith’s Olde Bar last night, so I didn’t expect to get home around 1:00am. Boy am I tired today.
My boss and I made it down to Smith’s well early enough to enjoy some dinner prior to taking in some music. To my surprise I never got around to purchasing a ticket in advance, though I worried little assuming that I am one of the view people who know of one of Canada’s best Alt-Country acts.
The first two acts were good, but my early awaking so that I could go to the gym yesterday morning started to catch up to me. I caught my second wind near the end of the second act, and enjoyed the hell out of Corb Lund and the Hurtin’ Albertans. The band played a long set of old and new songs, peppering in numerous songs from their friends along the way. The band sounded tight (and I think this was the first show of their East Coast tour) and looked as if they were having a good time.
It was much better (for me) to see the boys as the headliners than the openers as I did the last time they came to town and played at Peachtree Tavern.
(Hey ITP-Reader Randy, the band will be in Raleigh on Valentine’s Day in case you need a last minute surprise for Lisa; she could wear those fancy-pants boots of hers…).
ITP Flickr Pic
None, not like I didn’t have ample opportunity to take photos at last night’s concert.
Tonight I Am Biking America
Well, not really. Tonight I’ll be heading into midtown to go to the Hertz Stage of the Alliance Theatre for Bike America.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired
Current Music – on a conference call
Website Of The Day – If you are a far-better crossworder than I am you should consider signing up for the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – gym day
Morning Weigh-In – checking again tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~2.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 2
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 7
Carnivorous Meals – 9
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013