I left work last night and headed toward home instead of toward Canoe, or the lavanderia. I still wasn’t feeling great so my decision to skip an expensive (even though my boss claimed that he was going to pay for me) meal I probably wouldn’t enjoy in my condition was easy.
Today’s Personal Project
Rest, kick this shit.
Make an appointment with my tax preparer.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Add a fresh lemon or lime to your shopping list.
Lemons and limes are powerhouses of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which research has shown to be associated with reducing inflammation and preventing heart disease. The tangy flavor of lemons and limes makes a great salt substitute for people who are watching their salt intake. And a glass of sparkling water with lemon or lime slices is a delicious sugar-free drink.
As I mentioned above I headed toward home after work. I was in no mood to stop at the grocery store, so I decided to eat something quick along the way. I stopped in at Tomatillos for a burrito, chips n salsa, and a Coke. This was my first visit to Tomatillos in some time, the last attempt was made when Tamara was in town but Tomatillos was so crowded that night we left immediately.
Last night I ordered up a brisket burrito and added roasted garlic and mushrooms to it. I should have remembered how wet Tomatillos’ burritos tend to be and skipped the mushrooms as well as ask them to leave out the rice; the burrito was decent, but not great. Tomatillos has upped their chips and salsa game since the first time I stopped in; last night’s chips were delicious and the salsa had a spicy component and contained large chunks of tomatoes.
Once home I headed into my bedroom, turned the space heater on to warm the room, and started watching some backlogged video podcasts. I think that I was asleep by 8:30pm and was up and down for the rest of the night.
ITP Flickr Pic
I was too sick to get that one photo off my camera.
As Much As I Need The Exercise, None Will Happen Today
Because of my health I had to skip this morning’s workout.
I’m still at home and probably won’t be leaving for anything today, unless I feel well enough to head to a laundromat tonight.
I assume that I will be back to “normal” tomorrow, but I’ll probably play it safe and hold off returning to the gym until Friday.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – foul
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Kindle Chronicles” podcast
Website Of The Day – I got a real kick flipping through Had One Job last night.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – weigh in again Friday
Foot Mileage – ~2.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 11 (2 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 26
Carnivorous Meals – 40
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013